full pads in training camp?

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but i cannot remember the rules for full pads in training camp. i know for the cowboys the early practice is almost always a walk-through and then they have an afternoon practice. Is the afternoon practice usually in full pads?

lwehlers

Reaction score
I think it is the third practice is the first padded practice. then one every other day.

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
I think it is the third practice is the first padded practice. then one every other day.

The third practice as in the third day of practice, so tuesday? I guess tonight's practice will just be helmets then.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Today is like Christmas day for me.

I don't think they'll go full today and probably not tomorrow. Like someone said, the third day is most likely for full pads.

They might wear shoulder pads today, but I doubt they'll be hitting very much.

BLUESTAR1986

Reaction score
is the reason for this to avoid injury or to do with weather/heat etc? live in Scotland so still learning about the finer details of how our organisation is ran. i just figure that if you play in pads you should be able to practice in pads but i would understand if there were reasons for not doing so.

lwehlers

Reaction score
is the reason for this to avoid injury or to do with weather/heat etc? live in Scotland so still learning about the finer details of how our organisation is ran. i just figure that if you play in pads you should be able to practice in pads but i would understand if there were reasons for not doing so.

in the last agreement with the nfl and the players that padded practices be cut in half in training camp now.

warroom

Reaction score
There are others on this site far more fluent in the language of the NFL CBA than I. My understanding is as follows:
Yesterday the first day of camp was limited by the new CBA to physicals and meetings. No pads or contact are allowed in the second and third day of camp. Only one padded practice per day. Shells do not count as a padded practice. Including walkthroughs, players cannot be on the field more than four hours per day.
My guess is that they will be in shells today. They will bump into each other energetically but no “Live” drills until later in the week.

BLUESTAR1986

Reaction score
in the last agreement with the nfl and the players that padded practices be cut in half in training camp now.

i see, well i guess if its a league wide thing then it wont disadvantage us in any way. looking forward to seeing what this camp shows us about what this team could do