FWST: Blog: Barber speaks (sort of) and is questionable

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
December 12, 2008

Barber speaks (sort of) and is questionable

Cowboys running back Marion Barber had limited participation in practice on Friday and is questionable for Sunday night's game against the New York Giants. He missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday.

Barber was sort of walking awkwardly keeping pressure off his right foot which is the one with the dislocated pinkie toe. I got one question and answer in as he walked out of the locker room and headed for the training room.

Can you go Sunday?

"You've got to have faith, baby," Barber said. "It's the best I've felt."

Could be a game-time decision and remember he is also dealing with a sore calf.

- Rick Herrin

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
It's amazing how some injuries you think are minor become longer term (like Barbers). While other injuries that appear longer term become less so (like Witten or even Portis).

Each injury is different. Every players body is affected diferently and heals differently.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
Cbz40;2485648 said:
December 12, 2008

Barber speaks (sort of) and is questionable

Cowboys running back Marion Barber had limited participation in practice on Friday and is questionable for Sunday night's game against the New York Giants. He missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday.

Barber was sort of walking awkwardly keeping pressure off his right foot which is the one with the dislocated pinkie toe. I got one question and answer in as he walked out of the locker room and headed for the training room.

Can you go Sunday?

"You've got to have faith, baby," Barber said. "It's the best I've felt."

Could be a game-time decision and remember he is also dealing with a sore calf.

- Rick Herrin

im keeping faith you are my favorite cowboy mr barber time to come back and pound the giants and get this offense back in sync mb3 is the only guy on this offense that sets the tone without saying a word after the first time he runs a giants player over (which will be one of his first 3 carries) the offense will follow his lead.

i really think our offense miss that toughness factor without barber.

choice can give you good runs but with our big o-line and the punishment that barber gives out it opens everything up

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
CowboyManDan;2485682 said:
It's amazing how some injuries you think are minor become longer term (like Barbers). While other injuries that appear longer term become less so (like Witten or even Portis).

Or Keith Davis. Torn MCL? No problem!

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I told my buddy and fellow Cowboys fan the night of the injuries to Ware and Barber, Barber will be OK but Ware may be done. I was 100% wrong. You can't go by the look of an injury. That kid from the Steelers looked to be seriously hurt then he was jumping up.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2485702 said:
Or Keith Davis. Torn MCL? No problem!

Hard for me to believe he had a Grade III MCL. Most likely a bad I. Still he's a tough guy.

juck

Reaction score
jobberone;2485799 said:
Hard for me to believe he had a Grade III MCL. Most likely a bad I. Still he's a tough guy.
Eli is gonna test that knee.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyManDan;2485682 said:

Each injury is different. Every players body is affected diferently and heals differently.

Toe injuries for RB's and WR's can be REALLY bad news. Sometimes you're better off with a broken arm.