FWST Blog: Jerry on Controversy/Owens/Barber

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More Jerry Jones tidbits from radio show

Here are some more tidbits from Jerry Jones' show this morning...

Jones showed exactly how big Sunday night's game against New York will be.
"A win Sunday could probably be one of the most important wins we've had in many, many years."

As far as the Marion Barber issue, Jones pointed to something interesting that has been somewhat unclear. He said it was Barber's decision not to play, like he alluded to Sunday night after the game. But on Monday, Wade Phillips said the Cowboys athletic training staff made the decision for him not to play.

"I thought we had until gametime for Marion to make his decision."

Also, a lot of fans hammered Jerry for speaking out about an injured player as if he were uninformed.

"I on a daily basis, several times a day, check on the status of our injuries. Probably moreso than the coaches do. I know that. Because they've got to have their mind on the game plan and practicing."

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 11:30 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

<DIV class=entry id=entry-59925892>Owens just showing passion to win

<DIV class=entry-content><DIV class=entry-body>We've heard this before, right? But that's what Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said this morning on his radio show. Terrell Owens was bothered by not getting the ball in Pittsburgh, and said the offense stunk after the game. But Jones said there is no issue with Owens and he met with the receiver on Thursday. Jones said nothing was brought up about Tony Romo's preference for throwing to Jason Witten.

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">

Boysboy

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2484016 said:
More Jerry Jones tidbits from radio show

Here are some more tidbits from Jerry Jones' show this morning...

Jones showed exactly how big Sunday night's game against New York will be.
"A win Sunday could probably be one of the most important wins we've had in many, many years."

As far as the Marion Barber issue, Jones pointed to something interesting that has been somewhat unclear. He said it was Barber's decision not to play, like he alluded to Sunday night after the game. But on Monday, Wade Phillips said the Cowboys athletic training staff made the decision for him not to play.

"I thought we had until gametime for Marion to make his decision."

Also, a lot of fans hammered Jerry for speaking out about an injured player as if he were uninformed.

"I on a daily basis, several times a day, check on the status of our injuries. Probably moreso than the coaches do. I know that. Because they've got to have their mind on the game plan and practicing."

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 11:30 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

<DIV class=entry id=entry-59925892>Owens just showing passion to win

<DIV class=entry-content><DIV class=entry-body>We've heard this before, right? But that's what Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said this morning on his radio show. Terrell Owens was bothered by not getting the ball in Pittsburgh, and said the offense stunk after the game. But Jones said there is no issue with Owens and he met with the receiver on Thursday. Jones said nothing was brought up about Tony Romo's preference for throwing to Jason Witten.

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">

This is only getting worse, not better.

Jerry is more concerned about funding his new stadium-which is why all this negative publicity that garnered alot of media attention this year has brought a smile to his face.

The Panch

Reaction score
Jerry is the problem. He brought in players that have egos that too are hard to control and coaches that cant control egos. When you have guys like Bradie, Newman and "Unnamed Player #1" running their mouths to ESPN, it lets you know two things, they have no discipline and they have no respect for the coaching staff which has been obvious all season. These players follow in the footsteps of their owner and it shows.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh............good one Jethro, good one.

Is this "alluding" to something?

Boysboy

Reaction score
The Panch;2484031 said:
Jerry is the problem. He brought in players that have egos that too are hard to control and coaches that cant control egos. When you have guys like Bradie, Newman and "Unnamed Player #1" running their mouths to ESPN, it lets you know two things, they have no discipline and they have no respect for the coaching staff which has been obvious all season. These players follow in the footsteps of their owner and it shows.

I was living in New Orleans in '01. The Saints were just starting to get on a run with a nice winning streak to improve to 7-5(and got healthy to boot), and they were in control of their own destiny with that last WC spot. Subsequently, the cracks in their locker room made TSTHTF, and they went on to lose their remaining 4 games. During this time, their TO-version, Albert Connell, was caught stealing money from Deuce McCalister's locker(and he complained all year how he was not involved in the O). Joe Horn was getting members of the team to turn on Willie Roaf b/c his wife was a stripper. And, of course, Rickey Williams was pretty detrimental too.

Anyhow-pt being that this situation I was around to hear so much about is eerily similar to what's going on now. Too many egos, and Jim Haslett wasn't tough enough to keep a firm grip on the locker room. That was too bad, really-that Saints team, like our team now, had alot of talent and potential to go deep in the playoffs. They DID end the Rams' unbeaten streak earlier in the season as well.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Boysboy;2484059 said:
I was living in New Orleans in '01. The Saints were just starting to get on a run with a nice winning streak to improve to 7-5(and got healthy to boot), and they were in control of their own destiny with that last WC spot. Subsequently, the cracks in their locker room made TSTHTF, and they went on to lose their remaining 4 games. During this time, their TO-version, Albert Connell, was caught stealing money from Deuce McCalister's locker(and he complained all year how he was not involved in the O). Joe Horn was getting members of the team to turn on Willie Roaf b/c his wife was a stripper. And, of course, Rickey Williams was pretty detrimental too.

Anyhow-pt being that this situation I was around to hear so much about is eerily similar to what's going on now. Too many egos, and Jim Haslett wasn't tough enough to keep a firm grip on the locker room. That was too bad, really-that Saints team, like our team now, had alot of talent and potential to go deep in the playoffs. They DID end the Rams' unbeaten streak earlier in the season as well.

Willie Roaf wife was a stripper?

Boysboy

Reaction score
DCBoysfan;2484117 said:
Willie Roaf wife was a stripper?

Yes-Roaf was married to a stripper. Somehow, Joe Horn(and maybe other Saints players) took offense that one of their teammates was married to a low-life, and decided to turn on him.

Of course, Horn has been a locker room anti-morale wherever he went.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Boysboy;2484120 said:
Yes-Roaf was married to a stripper. Somehow, Joe Horn(and maybe other Saints players) took offense that one of their teammates was married to a low-life, and decided to turn on him.

Of course, Horn has been a locker room anti-morale wherever he went.

Strippers are low life's? I thought they were earning their way thru college?

Hm.

alancdc

Reaction score
Jerry is the problem in that there are NO consequences for players actions, comments, whatever. If there is never a threat of a consequence how we any of us act?