FWST Blog: Miles hoping to play/Jenkins could return/Barber update

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More Injury News

WR Miles Austin (knee) said he's hoping to play against the Giants on Sunday, but coach Wade Phillips didn't sound very optimistic about his chances.

Austin probably won't be 100 percent again until the offseason. His knees have been a point of concern since he hurt his right knee in the preseason in Denver.

CB Mike Jenkins (hamstring) appears to have a good shot of returning this week.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 06:31 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)
Barber Update

Turns out the problem that kept Marion Barber from playing on Sunday wasn't the dislocated pinkie toe, although that didn't help. When Barber was working out last week he tried to compensate for the pain and in doing so he hurt his calf. The calf was the deal breaker.

A couple of Cowboys coaches and players said Barber could barely walk on the foot by the end of the week.

But they also said Barber's status for the game against the Giants will be similar to that of Steelers game - they won't know until very late in the week. Maybe as late as Saturday.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 06:24 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
the same thing happened with Felix...guys trying so hard to get back they hurt themsleves worse. This is a professional football organization...I would like to think guys are working out under the eye of a training staff. How unbelievable is the stuff that is ailing this team this year?

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Would love to see Miles return just for the kickoff returns alone.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
It won't matter if Miles plays, we won't be able to get the ball to him if Proctor starts.

juck

Reaction score
Holland told Mickey that he would be fine in a few days hopefully he is right.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
dmq;2476341 said:
It won't matter if Miles plays, we won't be able to get the ball to him if Proctor starts.

I can't believe that if holland can't go that we don't have a better option then proctor. Sucks.