FWST Blog: Players not stunned at TG release

Angus

Reaction score
Players Not Stunned at TG Release

The vast majority of the players on the Cowboys sensed that what happened on Friday had been coming for a while. The release of receiver Terry Glenn didn't exactly shock any of them, but it did disappoint them.
Glenn may be on the quitest and more mercurial players on the team, but he was universally liked as a person and a professional. So to lose that person from the locker room was a bit of a downer.
Cowboys receivers coach Ray Sherman broke the news to his unit immediately following Friday's practice.
"Kinda disappointed a little bit, not surprised. I'm just kinda disappointed my boy won't be here," receiver Patrick Crayton said. "I knew there are two sides to this thing. I know Mr. Jones' stance and Terry's thing, and both of them have their own right."
The one item that can be stated enough is that this is not some giant loss in the sense that the players were blindsided.
Glenn has practiced maybe a grand total of three weeks - and that estimate may be high - since he originally hurt his knee early in last season's training camp in San Antonio. The Cowboys have been prepared for this day for a long time because they've been without him for so long.
"It doesn't feel any different," Crayton said. "He hasn't been here in a long time."
- Mac Engel

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;2159352 said:
Pretty dumb for Crayton to say that considering T. Glenn was the missing Superbowl piece-- or so we've been told.
The statement seemed a little insensitive, but I don't think Crayton meant anything by it. It's true that Glenn hasn't been around much for quite some time. He did refer to Glenn as "my boy" so...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If HBO needs a quote machine for Hard Knocks, they don't have to look any further than Patrick Crayton.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Angus;2159345 said:
The vast majority of the players on the Cowboys sensed that what happened on Friday had been coming for a while. The release of receiver Terry Glenn didn't exactly shock any of them, but it did disappoint them.
I'd say that pretty true of CZ members also.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2159352 said:
Pretty dumb for Crayton to say that considering T. Glenn was the missing Superbowl piece-- or so we've been told.

0-16

David

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
That we refused to give Terry Glenn a $500 - $750K injury contract option is sickening.

What was the downside? He gets hurt and gets paid chump change? Healthy he is 2nd best WR on roster hands down.

This trickles down to all on 53. Poor decision by JJ. 5-11here we come as JJ builds a roster of his guys next few years.

1fisher

Reaction score
Nors;2159404 said:
That we refused to give Terry Glenn a $500 - $750K injury contract option is sickening.

What was the downside? He gets hurt and gets paid chump change? Healthy he is 2nd best WR on roster hands down.

This trickles down to all on 53. Poor decision by JJ. 5-11here we come as JJ builds a roster of his guys next few years.

yup.... the slide began last year when TG only played 4 downs.... 5-11 will be here before you know it! :yawn:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Nors;2159404 said:

WTH are you talking about? We were 13-3 WITHOUT him LAST year. And now because it is official, all of a sudden we are a 5-11 team?

Man, some people. :rolleyes:

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2159496 said:
WTH are you talking about? We were 13-3 WITHOUT him LAST year. And now because it is official, all of a sudden we are a 5-11 team?

Man, some people. :rolleyes:

No worries, Nors still rides Parcells's jock

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Nors;2159404 said:

The downside was simply keeping an iffy Glenn would have cost another young receiver a roster spot. That's the problem. We carried him all last year and the staff didn't want to take a chance on doing it again this year. Roster spots are too valuable.