FWST Blog: Romo on Pacman, Retirement

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Add Romo to the welcome Pacman back campaign
The players sound in support of bringing back Adam "Pacman" Jones if he is reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

Quarterback Tony Romo and nose tackle Tank Johnson say bring him back if he gets another chance.

"If he is reinstated we will definitely welcome him back," Romo said. "When he was here he worked very hard and he helped us. He's a good football player and i don't see why you wouldn't welcome a guy back that works hard on the practice field."

- Rick Herrin

Romo Retiring by 2014?
With the news that Arlington will host the 2014 NCAA men's basketball Final Four (Jayhawks, anyone?), Tony Romo was asked if he'll go to the games.

"As long as they haven't kicked me out by that point," he said.

The question has some relevance - Romo is an avid basketball fan. That was his No. 1 sport in high school.

"2014, I don't think I will be still be playing," he said.

Romo will be around 33 when the Final Four comes to North Texas. What a drag. He's going to pull a Jim Brown and quit.

Of course, pay no attention to the fact that Romo said all of this in jest.

- Mac Engel

BadKarma

Reaction score
Romo said:
"When he was here he worked very hard and he helped us. He's a good football player and i don't see why you wouldn't welcome a guy back that works hard on the practice field."

Hey Tony, it isn't his work ethics on the football field that is the problem...rather, his social behavior and his inability to stay out of trouble outside the locker room is what's in question.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
BadKarma;2430441 said:
Hey Tony, it isn't his work ethics on the football field that is the problem...rather, his social behavior and his inability to stay out of trouble outside the locker room is what's in question.
the players could mostly careless what their teammates do off the field as long as they give it their all in practice and on the field. I mean im sure they wish Jones wasnt such a knucklehead lol but this league lets face is all about winning.

BadKarma

Reaction score
Da Hammer;2430447 said:
the players could mostly careless what their teammates do off the field as long as they give it their all in practice and on the field. I mean im sure they wish Jones wasnt such a knucklehead lol but this league lets face is all about winning.

The problem is, with this team anything negative involving one of the players will be under scrutiny by the media, resulting in more distraction. The last thing this team needs is to not be focused.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
The political season is over, but Romo's endorsement of Pacman helps Pacman in the locker room, imo.

Nav22

Reaction score
YOU'RE telling Tony Romo why YOU know better than he does? Really?

This board never ceases to amaze me.