FWST Blog: Romo To Start Throwing during bye...Spencer, Henry to play

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo To Start Throwing

Tony Romo will start throwing, but unfortunately it will not be on Sunday against the Giants in New Jersey.
During the bye week, Romo will begin passing, coach Wade Phillips said.
Phillips also said the cast on Romo's hand is close to coming off. Romo is still slated to come back against the Commanders on Nov. 16.
- Mac Engel

Posted at 10:52 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Spencer and Henry In

Wade Phillips said Friday morning that linebacker Anthony Spencer and Anthony Henry are in for Sunday's game.

Watch how long Henry is left alone to cover Plaxico Burress or any other receiver. He has struggled mightily this season, and a leg injury will do nothing but slow him down some more.

The rookies - Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick - do not have the experience to handle Burress, but they do have the make-up speed to at least catch him and compete with him.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 10:50 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think Henry is the best player to cover Plaxico. But I'm not sure enough to bet a plug nickle. Hopefully Henry will have some safety help.

Primetime42

Reaction score
I'd personally be shocked if Romo hasn't spent the last couple of weeks at least throwing on the side.

That shouldn't be hurting him.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
This match up sounds like a nightmare, especially since Plax is out to prove a point that "hes not a distraction"..their going to look to him knowing hes pumped..I dont feel like seeing him do "his bow" in the endzone..

Smith22

Reaction score
Double team Plax and make the other WR's beat you. The biggest keys to this game are stopping the Giants running attack and the Cowboys not turning the ball over on offense.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Smith22;2386855 said:
Double team Plax and make the other WR's beat you. The biggest keys to this game are stopping the Giants running attack and the Cowboys not turning the ball over on offense.
true & Jacobs usually has a good game & now theyre a 3 headed monster, hope our D is pumped..most of the load is on their back this week.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2386810 said:
Romo To Start Throwing

Tony Romo will start throwing, but unfortunately it will not be on Sunday against the Giants in New Jersey.
During the bye week, Romo will begin passing, coach Wade Phillips said.
Phillips also said the cast on Romo's hand is close to coming off. Romo is still slated to come back against the Commanders on Nov. 16.
- Mac Engel

Posted at 10:52 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Spencer and Henry In

Wade Phillips said Friday morning that linebacker Anthony Spencer and Anthony Henry are in for Sunday's game.

Watch how long Henry is left alone to cover Plaxico Burress or any other receiver. He has struggled mightily this season, and a leg injury will do nothing but slow him down some more.

The rookies - Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick - do not have the experience to handle Burress, but they do have the make-up speed to at least catch him and compete with him.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 10:50 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

This is why I thought he could've and would've played in NY.

When's that cast coming off? Mon, Wed?

That bone has to be close to 100% by now.

Just to bad our bye didn't fall on week nine. I'm sure Romo would be good for next Sunday!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Only hope this extra time off has allowed him to completely heal not only the hand, but any other minor injuries like the unofficial ligament injury to his thumb.

Hope he comes out on fire in DC. I'm counting on it.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Smith22;2386855 said:

Funny how other teams can do that to us, even when Romo is healthy, but we cannot seem to do that to other teams best receiver.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm thinking put Scandrick on Smith and Jenkins on Plaxico athough if Henry can play a good game then he should be on Plaxico. I do hope they play like last week. If so and esp with Spencer back getting more pressure we will probably be ok on D.

arync

Reaction score
Wade already said that they have to double Plax so he should see as many balls as Owens sees every week

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2386867 said:
This is why I thought he could've and would've played in NY.

When's that cast coming off? Mon, Wed?

That bone has to be close to 100% by now.

Just to bad our bye didn't fall on week nine. I'm sure Romo would be good for next Sunday!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Only hope this extra time off has allowed him to completely heal not only the hand, but any other minor injuries like the unofficial ligament injury to his thumb.

Hope he comes out on fire in DC. I'm counting on it.

He has not won a game in Washington and this will be the perfect time for him to get his first win there.

It will be a fun WELCOME BACK game.