FWST Blog: Witten Brings Reality...not practicing

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Witten Brings Reality

Although he is injured and said he will be a game-time decision, Cowboys tight end Jason Witten brought the truth on Thursday in the locker room. In arguably the most honest moment brought by a player this season, Witten assessed his team's situation going into Sunday's game:

"(The Giants) are playing really well, and we've struggled, even with Tony (Romo) out there, we didn't play our best football and I think we understand that.

"I don't think this team looks at it as being an underdog or anything like that. We're confident, we're going up there to get a win, and I hope everybody on this team, and I think they do, understands that and looks at from the same view point."

Witten may be the first member of the Cowboys to fully admit that the team had not been playing well with Romo playing.

And there has been some thought that the Cowboys may just write off Sunday's game as un-winable, and just prepare for the week after the bye when nearly all of the major injured players are expected to return.

Witten stomped on that theory, too, that just beating the Buccaneers to ensure a 5-4 record before the bye isn't good enough.

"We can't bank of that because we have a tough schedule then, too," Witten said. "It's not going to be an easy road when (Romo) gets back. This team needs to collectively understand that. We're not just going up there to play a game. We're going up there to win. If anybody is looking at it any other way they need to check themselves because we're going up there to win a game. Although people have them going to the Super Bowl we feel confident and we'll see where we're at."

- Mac Engel

Posted at 01:09 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)

Witten Update

Nope, Jason Witten did not practice on Thursday. He was out there in a long-sleeve shirt and shorts and doing some exercises as his teammates executed football plays.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 01:46 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

18and1

Reaction score
I've always respected Witten, even as a Giants fan. You gotta love the way he plays the game. He's one tough SOB. Best TE in the league IMO.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
18and1;2385343 said:
I've always respected Witten, even as a Giants fan. You gotta love the way he plays the game. He's one tough SOB. Best TE in the league IMO.

thats nice to hear from an opponent.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
Witten is deffinetly a leader... I hope his teammates a picking up what he is puttin down!!

ddh33

Reaction score
Does this qualify as leadership? If so, don't tell ESPN.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I do hope they understand this will be a dogfight. They need to physically whip the Giants from the start of the game. Punch them in the mouth and keep punching.

I hope Jason will have them run the ball from the start even though they are going to load the box.