G Cobb giving props to Jerry...

Boysboy

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;2343543 said:
Don't listen to these crazy eagle fans who say we gave up to much. According to one Gary Cobb the difference in philosphy is staggering, and Gary Cobb is an eagles homer. Even he could no longer deny the truth. Enjoy!!

http://www.gcobb.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2138&Itemid=1

Cobb has been heavily criticizing the Eagles FO for NOT getting McNabb a top flight receiver all these years. Last year, he started harping on Reid for not making a move to get Chris Chambers. D Jack has been a good one, but we're talking about a #1 type of guy who'll be your security blanket 90% of the time.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The Eagles don't believe in 1st round draft picks if you look at their last few drafts. They keep trading out of the 1st round. So, it is kind of surprising that they didn't give up a 1st for Williams.

alancdc

Reaction score
...and honestly, our 1st round draft picks haven't exactly translated into playoff wins, much less SB wins, in the past 12 years!

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I'm always amazed to read someone analyzing a trade and say a team gave up a first. I understand the point, but it's as if they don't consider that the player traded for constitutes the first round pick. Our first round pick in 2009 is Roy Williams.

In reality we gave up a 3rd round pick and switched places in the 6th round and 7th round.

Boysboy

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2343683 said:
I'm always amazed to read someone analyzing a trade and say a team gave up a first. I understand the point, but it's as if they don't consider that the player traded for constitutes the first round pick. Our first round pick in 2009 is Roy Williams.

In reality we gave up a 3rd round pick and switched places in the 6th round and 7th round.

The 3rd rounder we gave up was NOT Cleveland's, but OUR's to boot.

If we didn't have the luxury with all these picks, I doubt Jerry makes this move, and Roy stays in Detroit. Too bad Philly still doesn't get it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Apparently D Jackson is in McNabbs outhouse. Course I don't believe everything I read or hear.

Boysboy

Reaction score
jobberone;2343697 said:
Apparently D Jackson is in McNabbs outhouse. Course I don't believe everything I read or hear.

It happened in the Skins game-at first, everyone thought it was Reid who took Jackson out of the game, then pretty much everyone figured out that he ran one too many sloppy routes in it(which was why McNabb kept throwing it to Brown and Lewis).

I know rookies will make their share of rookie mistakes, but THIS MANY during ONE game? Like I said in other threads-he has scary speed to stretch the field, but when he's matched up with more physical corners AND has routes in the middle of the field, he's not going to be nearly as effective.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
I had a blast reading the comments on that article by Phlly fans...

Specially this one . . . . .

"Getting roy Williams for the Cowboys was bad for them becausr they have 2 ELITE
receivers. for us it would of great because we only have 1 and fatso doesnt
want to put him in the game wehen Reggie is playing. Gonzo would of been great
also. all this says is that Reid is HAPPY WITH LJ AND HAPPY WITH REGGIE. Thats
just ridiculous. The reason we throw short of first downs and stink in the red
zone is because of this stupid offensive strategy. We are soft and predictable.
Why does this coach not get any blame? I HATE ANDY REID."

:laugh2:

Boysboy

Reaction score
djtavo;2343757 said:
I had a blast reading the comments on that article by Phlly fans...

Specially this one . . . . .

"Getting roy Williams for the Cowboys was bad for them becausr they have 2 ELITE
receivers. for us it would of great because we only have 1 and fatso doesnt
want to put him in the game wehen Reggie is playing. Gonzo would of been great
also. all this says is that Reid is HAPPY WITH LJ AND HAPPY WITH REGGIE. Thats
just ridiculous. The reason we throw short of first downs and stink in the red
zone is because of this stupid offensive strategy. We are soft and predictable.
Why does this coach not get any blame? I HATE ANDY REID."

:laugh2:

The Eagles are stuck with Reggie Brown for the same reasons why we're stuck with SS Roy-they gave him a big contract with a nice signing bonus 2 years ago. So if they cut him now, they will be taking a hefty cap hit.

Pt being that if they can't cut him, they might as well not waste their investment and hope against hope he produces well, instead of sitting him on the bench.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
joseephuss;2343570 said:
The Eagles don't believe in 1st round draft picks if you look at their last few drafts. They keep trading out of the 1st round. So, it is kind of surprising that they didn't give up a 1st for Williams.

And they have 2!