Audio: G.K. 93 - Gerald McCoy | Talks Leadership & Hybrid Front

817Gill

Reaction score
“Nolan has traditionally been a 3-4 guy, and we have 4-3 personnel... it’ll be a hybrid front... I’m in my 11th year and you don’t take guys out of what they do. So we’ll run some 3-4 and some 4-3... it’ll be a hybrid front.”

-GMac

Bowdown27

Reaction score
New leader on DL and front 7. Love his intangibles.

Hope he still has some gas left in tank.
I think he’ll be fired up. His best chance to win is here. He’s never made the playoffs and he’s only played in prime time games 4 times in his career. Hell have 5 this year. He’s gonna be ready.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think he was the best outside fa signing we have made in some time. Certainly should be an upgrade over Collins on and off the field.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Nolan has traditionally been a 3-4 guy, and we have 4-3 personnel... it’ll be a hybrid front... I’m in my 11th year and you don’t take guys out of what they do. So we’ll run some 3-4 and some 4-3... it’ll be a hybrid front.”

-GMac
I'm very excited to see what this looks like.

Innovation on defense. What a concept.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Actually game planning for the weaknesses of an opponent, what a welcome idea lol
That's such a head shaker, has been for such a long time.
How could JG be given a pass for a decade that its acceptable to just have one game plan, for every opponent,, oh,, don't worry Jerry,, we will get really good at my only game plan.
That's just so hard , I don't think I will ever understand why that was allowed to happen.

817Gill

Reaction score
That's such a head shaker, has been for such a long time.
How could JG be given a pass for a decade that its acceptable to just have one game plan, for every opponent,, oh,, don't worry Jerry,, we will get really good at my only game plan.
That's just so hard , I don't think I will ever understand why that was allowed to happen.
Especially since he’s Mr. Princeton offensive genius. Like dude sit down and make a real gameplan. Someone wrote a post about how Garrett was a history major and has always been an excellent replicator of what was successful in the past, but unfortunately has a serious deficiency in creating a new future. I think it’s spot on.

Section446

Reaction score
I'm pumped to acquire McCoy, I know that he's getting older, but he can still produce at a decent level.