Game 1: Rams vs. Saints thread

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Saints have been knocked out the tournament the past couple of years under some fluky circumstances. Must a voodoo doll in their image being impaled with some daggers out there.

mmohican29

Reaction score
There is no question the league preferred LA to win today. No question. Re-born franchise with a limited fan base, new stadium holding 2 franchises... they needed an LA team to make the big show to max profit and build up fan interest.

Is there such a phone call you describe though?

Anything is possible. I will say this: when it's not Dallas getting screwed, now- now... the fix in. In truth I've seen this coming since the mid 2000's.

The clinchers for me were the Steeler/Seahawks SB and the 07 Cowboys/Giants game. That game was a joke.

JustChip

Reaction score
I understand that. However, that was a regular season game. This game was about going to a SB and possibly winning a championship. I'm dubbing this game The Royal Screw Job.

Aside from the obvious game changing impact of that completely blown missed call, once again, the storyline for a deciding game is the officiating and not the play of either or both teams. That's a travesty because it was otherwise an outstandingly entertaining game.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Aside from the obvious game changing impact of that completely blown missed call, once again, the storyline for a deciding game is the officiating and not the play of either or both teams. That's a travesty because it was otherwise an outstandingly entertaining game.

The real humor in this is that earlier in the week the Rams fans were starting a petition to get Bill Vinovich removed from officiating the game because lifetime they were 0 - 8 in games he had officiated

So the Rams faithful were complaining about officiating conspiracy before the game, and after the game it's the Saints with the same complaint

Gotta love the NFL

and for the record there were some blown calls in this game both ways but that was by far the most egregious one.

How in the world that is not called is totally inexplicable. That was about as obvious a penalty as you will ever see

Fmart322

Reaction score
Read my posts more closely.

I didn’t say it wasn’t a bad call. But acting like this was part of some sort of league mandate to get the Rams to win is idiotic.

Plus, the Saints got way more beneficial calls this game than the Rams. A few of those calls go right and maybe the score is different at that point.

I totally disagree that the Saints got more calls in that game.
In fact, the saints got hosed again in overtime too.
That 2nd down pass that was picked off, the WR was hit early there too.
I'm not even going to say anything about roughing the passer on that play. Definitely hit brees high.
I've seen that called a lot on a defensive player for doing less.
You're whole argument that the Saints got away with more is unjustified.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/pa...-refs-missed-call-overtime-brees-interception