Game is tied at 17, early 3rd Qtr...

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
When we get the ball back, we are only down 3! The offense seemed to finally get it going on our last drive... Let's Go!!!

Instead, we run the ball two times from this point, one of which was the pitch to T.O. In other words Barber, who ran 2 times for 18yds on our previous possesion, touched the ball one time the rest of the game... He's our closer! HE's the reason we keep the ball away from the other team in the fourth quarter... Like Keyshawn, just give him the damn ball!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Wait, I'm confused.

The game is tied, but we're only down 3? :confused:

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
Achozen;2294603 said:
Wait, I'm confused.

The game is tied, but we're only down 3? :confused:

LOL you know what I mean... We had it tied, then got the ball back down by 3.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2294612 said:
Why don't you say, "we're down 3?"

It's easier. ;)

Boysboy

Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2294593 said:
When we get the ball back, we are only down 3! The offense seemed to finally get it going on our last drive... Let's Go!!!

Instead, we run the ball two times from this point, one of which was the pitch to T.O. In other words Barber, who ran 2 times for 18yds on our previous possesion, touched the ball one time the rest of the game... He's our closer! HE's the reason we keep the ball away from the other team in the fourth quarter... Like Keyshawn, just give him the damn ball!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

It was just a BAD game all around by our players and coaches. I dunno-we just came off 3 VERY emotional, albeit rough games. Mentally, it seemed like they weren't into it. The Skins, OTOH, came off 2 home games.

The Skins were the better team today, plain and simple. From here, we need to regroup. At least the Eagles lost today to a KYLE ORTON Bears team. Now THAT brought a smile to my face!

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Boysboy;2294629 said:
It was just a BAD game all around by our players and coaches. I dunno-we just came off 3 VERY emotional, albeit rough games. Mentally, it seemed like they weren't into it. The Skins, OTOH, came off 2 home games.

The Skins were the better team today, plain and simple. From here, we need to regroup. At least the Eagles lost today to a KYLE ORTON Bears team. Now THAT brought a smile to my face!

You never want to see your coaches hurt your team, though. Players make mistakes and, sure, players sometimes have difficulty getting emotionally "up" for every single game. But it seemed like Garrett completely lost sight of the score at times.

It was panic mode from the time we trailed by 10, even though we came back to even the score. Panic, panic, panic.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2294593 said:

if you haven't notice, under JG our offense is a front-running group that when pressured does just what you saw. 3 and out, sputter, collapse then "two-minute drill" urgency and it comes alive.

our coaches (and us fans) are used to Tony's flukey 3rd-long plays but we really don't know how to play actual smashmouth 3-down run, run, run football. JG doesn't play 3 or 4 down football very well. 2nd and 2 he throws long instead of moving the chains.

the pitch to TO was silly, seems like a ploy to appease a whining/pouty multi-millionaire.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2294612 said:

Darn, son. you startled me. Like there was suddenly some other universe with different logic.

. . . . And turn down that music of yours!

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
chinch;2294638 said:
if you haven't notice, under JG our offense is a front-running group that when pressured does just what you saw. 3 and out, sputter, collapse then "two-minute drill" urgency and it comes alive.

our coaches (and us fans) are used to Tony's flukey 3rd-long plays but we really don't know how to play actual smashmouth 3-down run, run, run football. JG doesn't play 3 or 4 down football very well. 2nd and 2 he throws long instead of moving the chains.

the pitch to TO was silly, seems like a ploy to appease a whining/pouty multi-millionaire.

I actually thought it was clever at the same time though... 3rd and 1. Did you see how many defensive players followed Barber?

Boysboy

Reaction score
chinch;2294638 said:

OK-first you say how our team cracks under pressure, then you say having TO on this team costed us the game b/c the coaches wanted to appease his fragile ego.

Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2294637 said:
You never want to see your coaches hurt your team, though. Players make mistakes and, sure, players sometimes have difficulty getting emotionally "up" for every single game. But it seemed like Garrett completely lost sight of the score at times.

It was panic mode from the time we trailed by 10, even though we came back to even the score. Panic, panic, panic.

Hey-coaches can get burnt out a bit too-they work 24/7 throughout the week to prepare for games. They can have off games too as well.

Not defending them, but it happens-that's why teams never go undefeated.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
Boysboy;2294648 said:
Hey-coaches can get burnt out a bit too-they work 24/7 throughout the week to prepare for games. They can have off games too as well.

Not defending them, but it happens-that's why teams never go undefeated.

Yeah, but at some point you'd think one of the coaches would say, "hey, why not call a run play every now and then. Even if it doesn't work, it's no worse than ANOTHER incompletion, and it'll at least keep the defense honest".

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Boysboy;2294645 said:
OK-first you say how our team cracks under pressure, then you say having TO on this team costed us the game b/c the coaches wanted to appease his fragile ego.

Which is it? You can't have it both ways.
TO didn't cost us the game, although he didn't help win.

it's down to POOR COACHING again.

TO did seem to check out mentally as he was getting abused by the DBs and Romo was forcing throws his way. If we had actual leadership on the sidelines this might be avoided.

We'll never know until CUPCAKE checks out

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I agree with the fact that JG seemed to have lost track of the score. We seemed to play with a little too much of a "let's get it all right now" attitude rather then, "let's pound the ball and be methodical".

I think we should install a no-huddle look for times when our offense seems to tank. We couldn't run and we couldn't execute our passes for most of the game, but the two-minute drill looked killer at the end of both halves. Romo seems to thrive when he can improvise.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2294653 said:
Yeah, but at some point you'd think one of the coaches would say, "hey, why not call a run play every now and then. Even if it doesn't work, it's no worse than ANOTHER incompletion, and it'll at least keep the defense honest".

True-but it seems like coaches will get into the trap of abandoning the run 1-2 times a year.

No, I'm in no way defending Garrett, but I've seen coaches get into this same trap every year. Hopefully, everything will be OK by next week.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
chinch;2294658 said:
TO didn't cost us the game, although he didn't help win.

it's down to POOR COACHING again.

TO did seem to check out mentally as he was getting abused by the DBs and Romo was forcing throws his way. If we had actual leadership on the sidelines this might be avoided.

We'll never know until CUPCAKE checks out
Which explains why TO was more productive in the second half, right?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Boysboy;2294629 said:

Wow. Just a bad game = no.
Came off 3 very emotional games, thats why we lost = no.
Mentally not into it = no.

AmericasTeam31;2294666 said:
The Bengals SHOULD make it all ok...

Beating the Bengals will not make ANYTHING better.
It may just lead us back to ignoring or disguising our problems.