Game... of... inches.

Nav22

Reaction score
Deep ball to T.O. that "the player" couldn't locate.

He catches that, we're likely ahead 14-6 at the half. Instead, it's a Romo pick and big return on the next play setting up the Ravens FG. A costly 10 point swing.

Deep ball to Miles Austin that Romo overthrows.

It's a TD if the pass is on target.

McClain fumble, botched away by Ken Hamlin.

Leads to the fake FG, which leads to the Derrick Mason TD. (And speaking of Hamlin, please don't get me started on his missed tackles during BOTH long TD runs :mad: )

Tashard Choice fumbling the option pitch out of bounds on 3rd and 1.

Our first good drive of the game, and we stop ourselves when it appears we're poised to punch it into the endzone and regain all the momentum. A huge play that may have cost us 4 points.

Ravens fumbling the KO return, scramble for the ball..... *Sigh* Ravens recover.

This was the biggie. The one that was hard for me to type just now. When it first appeared (at least according to the optimistic Dallas players) that we had recovered the ball, everything was just PERFECT. We were going to take the lead. We were going to win the game, after all. The PERFECT way to close out Texas Stadium.

Had we recovered, we very likely are able to take the lead with less than 3 minutes left. There is no McGahee/McClain TD dashes, since we wouldn't have been stacking the box the way we did on those plays.

If any one of these plays goes our way tonight, I believe we win the game. The inches were just not in our favor tonight... which is tragic considering our playoff situation and with this being the last game in you-know-what. :(

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Nav22;2511100 said:
Deep ball to T.O. that "the player" couldn't locate.

He catches that, we're likely ahead 14-6 at the half. Instead, it's a Romo pick and big return on the next play setting up the Ravens FG. A costly 10 point swing.

Deep ball to Miles Austin that Romo overthrows.

It's a TD if the pass is on target.

McClain fumble, botched away by Ken Hamlin.

Leads to the fake FG, which leads to the Derrick Mason TD. (And speaking of Hamlin, please don't get me started on his missed tackles during BOTH long TD runs :mad: )

Tashard Choice fumbling the option pitch out of bounds on 3rd and 1.

Our first good drive of the game, and we stop ourselves when it appears we're poised to punch it into the endzone and regain all the momentum. A huge play that may have cost us 4 points.

Ravens fumbling the KO return, scramble for the ball..... *Sigh* Ravens recover.

This was the biggie. The one that was hard for me to type just now. When it first appeared (at least according to the optimistic Dallas players) that we had recovered the ball, everything was just PERFECT. We were going to take the lead. We were going to win the game, after all. The PERFECT way to close out Texas Stadium.

Had we recovered, we very likely are able to take the lead with less than 3 minutes left. There is no McGahee/McClain TD dashes, since we wouldn't have been stacking the box the way we did on those plays.

If any one of these plays goes our way tonight, I believe we win the game. The inches were just not in our favor tonight... which is tragic considering our playoff situation and with this being the last game in you-know-what. :(

It just wasnt our day and we got out coached and out performed.

But the only thing that matters is the entire team is terrible, everyone needs to be fired and cut from the roster. [sarcasm off]

This team cannot play complete games on both sides of the ball. And it is costing them the season.

I dont think they deserve to be in the playoffs to be honest with you. They fold worse than the Buffalo Bills.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm not ready to call it quits. If the Falcons or Bucs lose tomorrow, I believe we're still right in the hunt. The inches didn't go our way tonight, and it cost us. Had the plays that I outlined gone our way tonight, this board would be jubilant right now.