Game Tape DAL VS WAS - Offensive highlights - Blocking Clinic, Dak Threaded Passes, TEs

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
No game today, so why not re-visit the Washington game?

I was introduced to this Youtuber by some of you. Hard to keep track of all of them these days. This guy, Football Scout, seems to have decent videos. No agenda and recognizes the little things. Below are the timelines for his themes of reviewing our Boys offensive highlights. Good stuff! Nice to have an impressive offense again.

Blocking Clinic - :40, 2:20, 3:20, 5:30, 7:40, 11:40, 13:10
  • Some of these plays were pure clinics. The entire team executing its job and its beautiful to watch in the All-22 format. Poor Washington didn't have a chance. And I think the great blocking also helped Dak settle down a little bit, because he was shaky at the beginning of the game and missing some of his men. Romo saw it all happen and kept recognizing the OLine, but he just doesn't know how to highlight it the way a Madden would. If Madden were still alive, Tyler Smith would already be an All-Pro. Madden would have a field day showing his highlights. Every week he impresses me.
  • After a rough showing in Carolina, my boy Zack Martin is fine, he's not going to be the reason we lost, but there are some plays that I don't feel like we would have seen just 2-3 years ago. I honestly think Tyron is playing better ball. But... this might be the first year in a while where Zack is hurt, and Tyron is healthy?
  • Here is my biggest worry though - Zack's new contract. I don't think we can afford to lose Biadasz next year. He's entering his prime and especially if Coach Mac and Dak return next year, I don't want to see a new center. But seems like Jerry and Team always let the 'second-best interior lineman' go to another team. I don't know if they can afford our center with Martin's new contract, but I think it would be wise to build on Tyler Smith, Biadasz and Steele (assuming he gets back to peak level). My biggest worry is who replaces Tyron? Tyler is our Zack replacement, just on the other side, but franchise LTs don't come cheap, in the draft or free agency.
Tight Ends - 1:10, 8:25, 10:00
  • Credit to Dak on some of the Fergy highlights and his threaded throws, but dude is a baller! I read an argument here on the Zone where someone said Schoonmaker isn't a bust because Fergy didn't stand out his rookie year either. Uh... BS! Fergy has been making plays since day one, and the only setback he had was the beginning of this year with some drops.
  • Schoonmaker continues to disappoint me. Check out the play at 10:00 mark. Reminiscent of that failed TD with the Eagles. I wonder if Dak is losing trust in this guy. No disrespect to Luke, but if the GM Staff just wanted a better McKeon, we should have drafted someone later, and spent that pick on someone else. We all smelled bust with this pick, but I'm still hoping he picks it up.
Dak's Threaded Passes, and WRs - 6:10, 7:05, 9:25, 11:18
  • The Zone posted Dak as having the highest QB score at PFF for his career. I don't know how they grade passes, but some of the passes he made later in the game were freaking impressive after another look on the game tape. And Coach Mac continues to do good things with this offense. I hope this rhythm stays, and more importantly, when a team punches us in the mouth, I hope we can keep going. Carolina and Washington came in with good gameplans, and knew how to play us, but they just lacked the overall talent to make it work. Looking forward to the Eagles, Lions, Dolphins and Bills games to see how we do and if this team is ready to take the momentum all the way to the top. And if Dak can battle adversity with some of the more physical teams. So far, going all the way back to even the Romo days, feels like we always get bullied in the Playoffs.
BS Zebra Call - 3:20
  • CeeDee was screwed on that call. I don't remember Romo mentioning it in the game, but may have been out of room at that moment.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
  • CeeDee was screwed on that call. I don't remember Romo mentioning it in the game, but may have been out of room at that moment.
Very thought-out post, hermano. I agree with it all.

But Tony did comment on it. He agreed with the call. He said "riiiiight there." Talking about when he held him. I don't know what Tony, or the ref was looking at.

*edit* After watching the first play, Tyler got man handled. Luckily Dak got the ball out or he taking a big hit.