Reaction score
New video game features 'Ron Mexico'
Story Tools:
print.gif
Print
email.gif
Email
FOXSports.com
Posted: 4 hours ago // front-end hack to remove postedTime from Rumors page until a better way can be determined if (document.URL.indexOf("/name/FS/rumors") != -1) document.getElementById("postedTime").style.display = 'none';

"Ron Mexico," the name listed as an alias for Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick in a lawsuit filed by a woman alleging that Vick infected her with a venereal disease, has found its way to into a new video game.
Midway's Blitz: The League, which isn't officially sanctioned by the NFL because the league claims it features too much gratuitous violence, includes a team called the Redhawks (that looks like the Falcons) and has "Mexico" as its quarterback.
3832496_36_1.jpg
"Mexico" back to pass for the Redhawks. (Midway / Special to FOXSports.com)

"No longer bound to the NFL license, there will be no league restrictions on content and gamers will finally experience what makes playing a football video game really fun," Midway CEO Steve Allison told Sports Business Daily.

Electronic Arts owns the exclusive video-game license for the NFL, which has forced Midway to be creative with its latest football offering. The game is co-written by Peter Egan, a writer on ESPN's Playmakers series that was not well-received by the NFL. Blitz: The League is due out in October and is sort of football meets Grand Theft Auto, in which players cheat, gamble and do drugs.

The game will also include FHM magazine models as cheerleaders and in various major character roles throughout the game's story line. The cover features NFL Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor — a.k.a. New York Nightmare linebacker Quentin Sands — who "plays a large role in evolving story lines that occur both on and off the field," according to a Midway release.

The Blitz: The League game summary also gives a pretty good indication of what's in store: "Playing in The League is your dream but you've paid the price. Your arms ache from weight-room reps, and painkillers are blurring your vision. The dirty hits you've laid on QBs are career-enders but they also keep you employed. Two more sacks and you get your bonus, paying for your fast cars and faster lifestyle. Its 4th and 3 and you are up by 7. Stuff the offense, beat your opponents bloody and win at any cost."

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Thats hilarious.

The play editor on the last Blitz was dope.
I hope they do that again.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I am going to be all about getting the Blitz game. Madden even improved has gotten tired for me.

Rude

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
I am going to be all about getting the Blitz game. Madden even improved has gotten tired for me.

Sorry to break it to you, but that game has been canceled :(

and I agree, I would rather play anything then madden

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Apparently, someone at Midway doesn't like the Cowboys.
In this screenshot, you can see the Dallas team is called the "Aztecs" and has colors very similar to the Commanders as well as a logo similar to the Skins. Just look at the name on the goal post...
http://img235.*************/img235/1800/dallasaztecs1dr.jpg

kmp77

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the arena football game coming out??

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Spaeking of the Arena game, will they actually have player names in it? Or will we have to manually enter those?

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I would have to be familiar even remotely to even consider buying an Arena game.

And where have you heard that this new Blitz game has been cancelled ? I have been reading about it for a few months now.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
I did a search, and there was a press release dated the 20th that said Lawrence Taylor will be the official cover athlete.

Blitz_PageBox.jpg

CHICAGO, July 20, 2005 - Midway Games Inc. (NYSE: MWY), a leading interactive entertainment software publisher and developer, announced today that former professional football standout and Hall of Fame inductee, Lawrence Taylor, will serve as the official cover athlete for Midway’s new, unlicensed football videogame, Blitz: The League. Along with contributing his image for the game’s cover, Lawrence Taylor will also be featured as the voice and personality of Blitz: The League’s main character/athlete, Quentin Sands. Quentin is the star player and quarterback-hungry linebacker for the New York Nightmare and he plays a large role in evolving storylines that occur both on and off-the-field throughout Blitz: The League. Scheduled for release in October 2005, Blitz: The League will be available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft.

"Lawrence Taylor (known by many as ‘L.T.’) was in the professional football spotlight throughout his illustrious NFL career, and we’re extremely excited to have someone of his stature and popularity working with us on the next generation of Blitz," said Steve Allison, chief marketing officer, Midway. "Mr. Taylor succeeded in establishing a new standard by which all future linebackers would be critiqued in his sport and we feel strongly that Blitz: The League will accomplish a similar goal in the sports gaming genre. No longer bound by league censorship, we intend to bring fans the most intense and hard-hitting football experience yet and we’re confident that fans will be tremendously pleased with the football alternative that we’re providing."

http://www.midway.com/rxpage/pr_2475.html

Eddie

Reaction score
Garland powerplay said:
Its too bad theres no NFL 2k6 ,that is way better than Madden.

2006 roster updates are available for the PS2 and the Xbox for NFL 2k5.

For the Xbox:

Download this file:

http://tinyurl.com/9q75l

Transfer it to your XBox VIA The Action Replay and load the roster file.

Has complete Post-Draft rosters, roster moves as of 6/10 and correct depth charts.

For the PS2:

http://www.freewebs.com/vgrosters06/

Includes roster updates through July 10th. No Action Replay required. Send him your PS2 memory card, return envelope, postage, and $5.

(I have no affiliation with with any of these ... I'm just an NFL 2k5 fan. :bow: )

Dat mans bro

Reaction score
May have to try out Blitz...sounds intriguing...kinda like a game version of ESPN's show "Playmakers".

Hmmm..being that they are bias against the Cowboys. I guess they wil put in characters similar to Nate Newton, Casillas, Irvin....lol.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Dat mans bro said:
May have to try out Blitz...sounds intriguing...kinda like a game version of ESPN's show "Playmakers".

Hmmm..being that they are bias against the Cowboys. I guess they wil put in characters similar to Nate Newton, Casillas, Irvin....lol.
Yeah but those guys made a hell of a team on the field...let them have theri laughs as long as the Dallas team wins.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Yeah but those guys made a hell of a team on the field...let them have theri laughs as long as the Dallas team wins.

I love that Ron Mexico name generator. Mine was Ron Singapore :lmao:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Apparently, someone at Midway doesn't like the Cowboys.
In this screenshot, you can see the Dallas team is called the "Aztecs" and has colors very similar to the Commanders as well as a logo similar to the Skins. Just look at the name on the goal post...
http://img235.*************/img235/1800/dallasaztecs1dr.jpg

Qwick, The Boys are the team in blue, silver and white. The aztecs are the Commanders.

bsheeern

Reaction score
Garland powerplay said:
Its too bad theres no NFL 2k6 ,that is way better than Madden.
Yeah most people who have either played Football or are intelligent fans of the game Like the 2K series for it's Realism. Madden is just a glorified arcade gootball game with a long history.