Gardner trade could hinge on Burress

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
According to sources, wideout Rod Gardner's departure from Washington will be accelerated after Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Plaxico Burress, an unrestricted free agent, signs. Cleveland, Minnesota and Seattle were considered probable destinations for Gardner. But Minnesota appears off the list after recently signing wide receiver Travis Taylor. . . .

and something else interesting...
According to sources, wide receiver Santana Moss, who was traded for wideout Laveranues Coles, will likely sign a rich, multiyear contract befitting a No. 1 wideout. Sources said after the March 5 trade, the Commanders and Moss's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, started to negotiate the parameters of an extension, and Washington will announce the deal after creating cap space.
According to one source, who requested anonymity because the new deal hasn't been finalized, Moss will average more than the annual salary in Coles's original contract in Washington -- a seven-year deal worth $35 million that included a $13 million signing bonus. Rosenhaus, whose client was scheduled to earn about $450,000 in 2005, said last night that no deal has yet been reached and declined further comment. . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A38444-2005Mar15.html

k19

Reaction score
isnt that just like the skins. Sign a lesser talent and pay more money for it

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
He'll never see the money anyways.......who cares......Honestly he's a 2-3 year guy a dump him for a rookie........I never liked him as anything more than a KR.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
He'll never see the money anyways.......who cares......Honestly he's a 2-3 year guy a dump him for a rookie........I never liked him as anything more than a KR.
and you traded your best offensive player for him....

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› said:
isnt that just like the skins. Sign a lesser talent and pay more money for it

Thus, their perpose in this world: amuse the rest of the NFL world :D