Garrett needs to get to work - taking TO away too easy

JohnnyMac

Benched
Reaction score
The Giants did it in the post season in our yard, the Eagles did it in the 2nd half and now Charles Woodson and "some" help did it tonite.

I don't want this to become habit forming and granted we did burn them with other players tonite, i.e. Austin , however Crayton our #2 did zero as did our #1 - can't have that folks.

Not only does he need to get TO going but he needs to get Crayton 5 catches a game as well.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2277221 said:
The Giants did it in the post season in our yard, the Eagles did it in the 2nd half and now Charles Woodson and "some" help did it tonite.

I don't want this to become habit forming and granted we did burn them with other players tonite, i.e. Austin , however Crayton our #2 did zero as did our #1 - can't have that folks.

Not only does he need to get TO going but he needs to get Crayton 5 catches a game as well.
Honestly, we just need to win no matter how we get it done. If you really want to make TO happy, win a SB. :)

jrumann59

Reaction score
Kind of hard to do when they are rolling safeties to help. TO is only so good.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It would help a lot if TO would catch the ball.

It just wasnt his night. We know how to get him the ball but sometimes you have to give your opponent a little credit.

I know you guys cant grasp that concept though.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
yeah there is only so much Garrett can do about this. He will most likely work it out to put TO in motion more and to use him on some more drags and such to try and run him away from that double coverage. They did that at one point in the second half tonight and Romo threw a bad pass on the play that could have been a nice gain for a first down on 3rd down.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2277221 said:

Stop over-analyzing. There is more than one way to win a football game. Settle down.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Well Garrett can't catch the ball for T.O. He dropped a couple easy ones tonight. It's pick your poison with our Cowboys. Tonight it was the running game and Miles Austin...

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
DanTanna;2277276 said:
What yard is this new low post count NooB?

(((Troll Alert)))

At his rate of 24 new and useless threads per day he should bust 1000 by mid October.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
good grief.

Stop watching the cowboys with the intent of finding the negative. That is what the media is doing to this team. Watching for what they cant do, all the time. We will see pacman getting burned all week and hear about green bays injuries all season until/if we play them again. You wont hear about spencer, williams and anderson being out though.

Enjoy the games.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2277221 said:

When a all pro CB on TO with help over the top all game it will be hard for TO to grab alot of catches, but look what happen when u do that,no safety in the box to stop the run.....

thewivil

Reaction score
I think the important thing to take away from this game is that a team can double team our #1 weapon, but look what happens when they do that - we burn them with all the other weapons we have (Barber, Witten and even Austin).

I'd rather focus on how many explosive offensive weapons we have and how defenses can game plan to take one of them away. Why worry about why TO didn't have a big game when the Green Bay defense obviously focusing their attention on him.

That's like complaining that a team couldn't run the ball when the defense is stacking eight and nine men in the box. Just enjoy another great win by an unbelievable team.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2277221 said:

Yeah, the Cowboys are only averaging over 440 yards a game, and 32 points per game...

Garrett sucks...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A good CB playing tight and pumping all night with safety help over the top will shut down any WR. When that happens, Romo goes elsewhere. We won a game that very few so called "experts" thought we would and I won't complain.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Not many teams can shut down TO and even when they do it opens up coverage for others and our running game.

the biggest issue is non-disciplined play and bone-headed mistakes .... those will end a season quickly even if TO has 10 catches and 2 TDs sorry.

JohnnyMac;2277221 said:

TEUFELI

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2277288 said:
At his rate of 24 new and useless threads per day he should bust 1000 by mid October.

Then dont respond "dude". Go on about your "Cowboys are the best ever" themes on other threads.

This is the 2nd thread I have read by him that I agree with. I do think Jason will need to be prepared to do more...such as putting TO in motion and hitting him on slants. (Did TO go in motion on any play?)

Having said that...we did win, thus good game plan. And I agree, it just wasnt his night. Jason is smart, not concerned.