Twitter: Garrett PC Tweets - 08/26/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 7m
Mo claiborne just worked back into practice...little more each day, easing him back in
Garrett on free at guard and parnell at tackle: thought as the game wore on, they got better and better
Garrett on special teams: Got to make sure we eliminate the bad plays..They were obvious
Garrett said there is no excuse for the punt return touchdown..doesn't blame it on guys being tired because of the re-kick
Garrett on Ratliff: its a combination between groin and hamstring..the groin is what he dealt with all offseason, still trying gain strength
Garrett said Free played well enough that he is a viable option at guard now
Garrett said playing Free as guard was one of the things the Cowboys considered whent they made him take a pay cut,delayed by Parnell injury
Garrett on Murray punishment: You can't hand it to a guy who is going to fumble. Those should be safe plays. It can't happen.

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 1m
Jason Garrett was vague and noncommittal when asked if Jay Ratliff would come off PUP list when cuts to 53 made. Out 6 weeks if still on PUP

Last edited:

FiveRings

Reaction score
That last tweet is huge for me. I wanted that to happen too, just don't know if Parnell is the ideal tackle. Still seems like a bandaid. Would like to see us draft a tackle next year.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That last tweet is huge for me. I wanted that to happen too, just don't know if Parnell is the ideal tackle. Still seems like a bandaid. Would like to see us draft a tackle next year.

I'm updating the first post, so refresh every couple of mins..

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, so no more tweets. Looks like that's the end of the PC.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Heres what I'm gathering Claiborne, hatcher, ratliff, spencer, dunbar, bernadeau may be out the first couple games. Funny thing is I still not too worried about the first 2 games even if they are all out. I just want to beat the giants at home. Im sick of every team making our stadium theirs.

CowboyDiver

Reaction score
In looking at other rosters, there were some "decent" tackles who looked like they could be cuts. I could see Free moving inside and us looking for another tackle in case Parnell doesn't get better.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I'm thinking Ratliff will be on the PUP.

Yeah, and I'm thinking there is a good chance he will be on IR after that. If he has been dealing with a groin issue the whole offseason and it still hasn't got better, than I doubt he even plays this year.

No big deal. Ratliff was a waste of a roster spot last year. More personal fouls than sacks. Might as well just cut to the chase and put him on IR.

CowboyDiver

Reaction score
In looking at other rosters, there were some "decent" tackles who looked like they could be cuts. I could see Free moving inside and us looking for another tackle in case Parnell doesn't get better.

Jeremy Trueblood is currently the Commanders 5th tackle. DeMarcus Love, a guy a lot of folks wanted in the draft a year or two ago, is 5th for the Vikings. Jamon Meredith started 12 games for the Bucs a year ago and is hanging on by a thread. And the free agent there was a ton of desire here for, Eric Winston, is still out there. This is just a quick search for tackles that might be available. Maybe more options than there is at guard.

morasp

Reaction score
Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 7m

Garrett on special teams: Got to make sure we eliminate the bad plays..They were obvious
Garrett said there is no excuse for the punt return touchdown..doesn't blame it on guys being tired because of the re-kick

Special teams have been really bad. We could have great play on offense and defense and give up a win because of one play like that punt on special teams. They really need to get that fixed.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heres what I'm gathering Claiborne, hatcher, ratliff, spencer, dunbar, bernadeau may be out the first couple games. Funny thing is I still not too worried about the first 2 games even if they are all out. I just want to beat the giants at home. Im sick of every team making our stadium theirs.

See, I didn't gather most of that at all. I think it's a safe bet that Claiborne, Spencer, and Dunbar are ready for game one. Hatcher and Bernadeau I would consider probable, though we don't know much about the extent of those last two other than that the team says the injuries don't appear to be serious. Obviously, that could mean anything.

This is the thing that would make moving Free to OG ok with me, if we're able to add an OT who could be a decent backup and who has starting experience already. I don't like the options we've got on the roster much at all, though I'm holding out some hope that Bell's problem was his awful conditioning. Adding a player who can start for more than part of a game at this date is a tall order, though.

tantrix1969

Reaction score
Jeremy Trueblood is currently the Commanders 5th tackle. DeMarcus Love, a guy a lot of folks wanted in the draft a year or two ago, is 5th for the Vikings. Jamon Meredith started 12 games for the Bucs a year ago and is hanging on by a thread. And the free agent there was a ton of desire here for, Eric Winston, is still out there. This is just a quick search for tackles that might be available. Maybe more options than there is at guard.

Winston signed with Arizona bout a month back

cowboys2233

Reaction score

Nah, here's the odds of being ready to go for Game 1...

Dunbar -- 96% Wasn't a particularly serious sprain although it looked like it could be MUCH worse at the time. Some folks on here are even suggesting he's not injured at all. I wouldn't go that far. But he IS young. He'll be ready.
Claiborne - 89%. Already doing some light drills, which means he's essentially healthy, abeit maybe a bit tender. They just don't want any setbacks which is why they're going slowly.
Hatcher -- 89%. I'd be pretty shocked if he wasn't ready to go. Still, it is a very recent injury so there is no telling.
Bernadeau -- 65%. A little iffy on this one. I don't think they would have focused nearly as much on Free at RG if this was a slam dunk
Spencer -- 45% -- The difference between Spencer and Claiborne? Spencer had surgery, Claiborne didn't. I don't care how "minor" the surgery is, that's gonna take awhile. And he wasn't able to run even six days ago.
Ratliff - 0% -- No chance of being ready for Game 1. None, zero, nada. And I'm starting to side with the contingent that says we may never see truly consistent, solid play from Ratliff again.