Garrett

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Love what he has been doing. He is willing to scrap his game plan and adjust accordingly, something most coaches are too stubborn to do.

Vs the Bears they were struggling to run the ball so he scrapped the run throwing the ball 11 times in a row and the offense took over the game.

The Bills were dropping everyone deep he adjusted in the second half and started to get MB3 and JJ involved underneath and Dallas was able to claw there way back into the game.

This Giants came out rolling thier coverage towards Wittena and TO, so he adjusted by getting Crayton and Hurd involved which led to a big score at the end of the first half. Once the Giants adjusted Dallas was able to hit TO over the top.

I am sure there are others adjustments being made but I love his ability to react to the game.

Along the way hes continued to learn from the adjustments and make the offense that much better. Obviously Romo and company deserve the credit for thier execution but it shows what good coaching can do.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
The only thing I was sort of upset with is why we didn't run JJ more. He was having a pretty good game.

WoLF2001

Reaction score
I just hope we're able to keep him after the season..
Some POS team will want him to be HC.

:(

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I like what he is doing in the passing game, however, I fear that he gets TOO pass happy in games.

A former QB being the OC....I guess that we should have expected that.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
WoLF2001;1758717 said:
I just hope we're able to keep him after the season..
Some POS team will want him to be HC.

:(

That's my concern as well.

I would hate to see them mess up this chemistry.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Who might be on the hot seat by the end of the year? Gibbs, Bellick and Fox are the only 3 that come to mind off the top of my head. Hopefully there wont be too many coaching changes this off season.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
I can't believe that JJ is not smart enough to Keep JG. JJ may have his faults ,but stupidity isn't one of them.

sago1

Reaction score
Guys, be realistic. Garrett is a smart guy and he's not going any where that doesn't have a pretty good QB he can develop or a proven QB. W/o that player, he would have great difficulty in turning the team around. If Garrett is as smart as we all think, he'll get Jerry's signature/guarantee to immediatley be named HC as soon as Phillips retires (within 3 years).

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
What makes you so sure Phillips will retire in 3 years? He waited a long time to get another chance, I dont see him retiring any time soon if things keep going well here in Dallas.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
The thing about Garrett is that he has a "take no prisoners" type mentality...

We need him here...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
trickblue;1758840 said:
The thing about Garrett is that he has a "take no prisoners" type mentality...

We need him here...

Watching the end of the Commander's game makes you appreciate his mentality that much more. It fits in perfectly with the confidence and swagger of this team.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Doomsday;1758847 said:
Watching the end of the Commander's game makes you appreciate his mentality that much more. It fits in perfectly with the confidence and swagger of this team.

Exactly... put them away, but put them away with class...

I like it...

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
if an OC could be coach of the year then Garrett for sure would be NFL Coach of the year!

Reaction score
Yeah I believe Dallas will hold on to Garrett by any means neccessary... He should have stuck with Julius Jones more though.