Genie's Lamp WP....

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score

OK...so help me out here...does it need text? And if so, what do you think it should say?

:)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
It needs Barbara Eden's navel, or Bill Parcells in Turkish pants. :D

Seriously, it's way cool, Juke.

My suggestions: needs more bling. I like that you did the lamp in Cowboys silver, but it looks more on the pewter side. Can you, like, shine it up a bit?

Then the genie mist needs some sparkle..rignt now it's mysterious but murky. a little fairy dust sprinkled thruout the mist will give it more of the Arabian nights flavor...less ghostly and more pizzazz. Gold will clash with the Boys colors but more light will hold true with the fable's promise of riches.

Can you put that lamp on a pillow? With brocade and tassles? I think you did best positioning it on the bottom left, but it needs to be raised up a bit, and clearly framed as something precious and magical. Either that or the lamp tipped so it more closely appears that JJ is emanating from it.

Text? something along the "wish come true" line. Let me sleep on it.

It's a great idea and presentation, Juke!!!

(and you should now by now if you ask for commentary...lol)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Slept on it. For about ten seconds.

It's mixing a metaphor with tales, but how about...

" When You Wish Upon a STAR"?

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
I like the 'genie' theme, I like the way you put Emmitt in the smoke. And overall it's a really nice WP.

However, it almost looks 'unfinished' I think it needs some text. "Your Wish Is My Command" or something along the lines of that would be cool IMO. Also, I think the lamp would look better silver in color instead of gold.

I like it though, good concept and it's well put together. Yet another great piece from you. :)

Irvinite

Reaction score
It's great..I've tried to make smoke like that before and never could get it to look right..

LTN has some good Ideas..

You could try a (large)set of eyes and veil Ghosted in the background..

AS far as text,I don't know..Don't rub me wrong ...LOL :eek:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Thanks kids...some great ideas here...It'll give me a project for when I get home tonight or uh, if I get bored at my desk today.

:D

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
It needs Barbara Eden's navel, or Bill Parcells in Turkish pants. :D

Seriously, it's way cool, Juke.

My suggestions: needs more bling. I like that you did the lamp in Cowboys silver, but it looks more on the pewter side. Can you, like, shine it up a bit?

Then the genie mist needs some sparkle..rignt now it's mysterious but murky. a little fairy dust sprinkled thruout the mist will give it more of the Arabian nights flavor...less ghostly and more pizzazz. Gold will clash with the Boys colors but more light will hold true with the fable's promise of riches.

Can you put that lamp on a pillow? With brocade and tassles? I think you did best positioning it on the bottom left, but it needs to be raised up a bit, and clearly framed as something precious and magical. Either that or the lamp tipped so it more closely appears that JJ is emanating from it.

Text? something along the "wish come true" line. Let me sleep on it.

It's a great idea and presentation, Juke!!!

(and you should now by now if you ask for commentary...lol)

Like all the suggestions except the text...maybe something like "by your command - master"