Twitter: George Edwards candidate for Duke head coaching job

blueblood70

Reaction score
what does he coach? dl? dot remember but hey kudos and good luck..:)

quickccc

Reaction score
Edwards was one of my lead candidates to possibly be considered our next DC should Dan Quinn depart for a HC job.

i don't feel good about Joe Whitt Jr. as a DC, as i don't feel good about the way we are constantly giving up tons of big plays
on virtually a game to game basis to even underwhelming QBs and offenses.

and i've only named Edwards as he's been under Quinn and familiar with the scheme to continue with the Parsons movement.
as well as finishing his 2nd season as defensive assistant with the Cowboys.

Plus he's had past experience as a DC with the Vikings,Buffalo and WFT i believe.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know how much he's getting paid by Dallas and what money at Duke would look like, but going from a defensive consultant to the HC of your alma matter...even if it is Duke is a good move for him

The question is does having to defend Prescott during the week the last several years adequately prepare you for the quarterbacks he'll face in the ACC?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The question is does having to defend Prescott during the week the last several years adequately prepare you for the quarterbacks he'll face in the ACC?

It’s a bit of a double edge sword. Dak is so talented so you think he’d be ready, but preparing for someone so talented often leaves you with blind spots when it comes to more mundane QBs

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I dont think anything can prepare you to coach the Powerhouse known as Fook Dukeball.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
At 54 years old with over 20 years vested in the NFL, I say he is probably gone if he aspires to be a HC. The HC gig will not happen for him in the NFL.

MS17

Reaction score
I dont think anything can prepare you to coach the Powerhouse known as Fook Dukeball.

Just read on the local wire here in NC that as of today, there's a third Duke HC candidate (w/ Edwards, Tony Elliot). Jason Garrett, and I am not kidding.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Just read on the local wire here in NC that as of today, there's a third Duke HC candidate (w/ Edwards, Tony Elliot). Jason Garrett, and I am not kidding.
I live in North Carolina and was just listening to the local sports talk show and they said the 3 names right now on Duke’s radar are Elliot, Mike Elko and yes Jason Garrett. This was from Steve Wiseman who covers the ACC(mainly Duke).

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I live in North Carolina and was just listening to the local sports talk show and they said the 3 names right now on Duke’s radar are Elliot, Mike Elko and yes Jason Garrett. This was from Steve Wiseman who covers the ACC(mainly Duke).
Ole Red can network can't he? Goes to a basketball game with Romo and Witten. Gets an interview 7 years later. Wow. All jokes aside I would let my kid play for Garrett. College game is about being a dad and making men out boys. Garrett would probably be good at that.