Get ready either the giants or bills might get Gonzalez

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Ok i know we need a number 2 wr, and i am not sold on roy williams, he drops way too many balls and the lions want a number 1 pick, way too high now.

but reports are that the chiefs are in negotations to trade tony gonzalez, possibly to the giants or bills, or eagles, get ready if eagles or giants gets this guy, that will make them very hard to beat,

and im sure now sold on tony curtis as one of our tes, he let one of the guys in that hurt mcbrair, best to my knowledge along with rogers, carpenter was other guy that let the other cardinal player in

and i know you all say bennett will come along, but rookies generally take a year, we dont have a year now for out te to come along, we need help for witten now

and if giants or eagles get tony gonzalez look out;

Chiefs TE Gonzalez awaits word on trade (AP)
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:43:45 PDT
Tony Gonzalez practiced with the Kansas City Chiefs for what could be the last time Monday and then went home to await word on whether he's been traded. Several teams are thought to be interested in the nine-time Pro Bowl tight end, including Buffalo, Philadelphia and the New York Giants. But a Chiefs spokesman who asked not to be identified because talks were still ongoing told The Associated...

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2337571 said:
The bills would be a really good fit.

Same with the Giants-Boss has played OK, but Eli needs a TE security blanket(if anything, this is where Shockey may be missed). Also-assuming Lito is still unhappy, the Eagles have some leverage there.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If they give him a choice he isnt coming to Dallas and I believe this is a move Dallas wouldn't even look at.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
CATCH17;2337581 said:
If they give him a choice he isnt coming to Dallas and I believe this is a move Dallas wouldn't even look at.

what makes you say that? I think he has ties to Dallas. Need to speak to my Chiefs fans, as they mentioned that a while back.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
HighTechDave;2337590 said:
what makes you say that? I think he has ties to Dallas. Need to speak to my Chiefs fans, as they mentioned that a while back.

What makes me say that?

Jason Witten.

Another reason I dont believe he comes here is because he will cut into Martellus Bennetts development.

I dont think our front office would give up future picks for something like this.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Tony isn't coming here cause we don't need Tony. He'll wind up some where that he's needed and I wouldn't be shocked, at all, if it's in Buffalo. That would be a really nice addition for Trent Edwards.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
well i hope its buffalo, i sure dont want him in phily or new york with the giants

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2337672 said:
well i hope its buffalo, i sure dont want him in phily or new york with the giants

Ironically if I remember correctly I think buffalo plays at KC!

that would be fun.

Buffalo is missing a pass catching tight end. If they get one they will have a complete offense.

Boysboy

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2337672 said:

If they fork over Lito, I wouldn't mind, why? B/c for one, Asante Samuels wil be given a big burden to lock down his side of the field(which isn't his strengths of course), and the Eagles w/ Lito gone have zilch depth at corner.

They tried to trade him and a pick to this same Chiefs team for Jared Allen in the offseason, so who knows this time around?

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
I've read the G-men have mild interest, only offering a 6th.

The Eagles seem to have more interest as far as our division opponents go.

EDIT:

Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:26 am EDT
KC's Gonzalez wants Giants, but do they want him?

Tony Gonzalez wants the New York Giants, but do the Giants want him? That question will be answered by 4p.m. Tuesday , when the NFL's trading deadline arrives. Gonzalez, the future Hall of Fame tight end, has requested a trade from the Kansas City Chiefs. And not only has he asked to be traded to a contender, but he specifically mentioned the Giants.
So far, the Giants have only expressed a lukewarm interest, reportedly offering a sixth-round pick. According to various reports, the Chiefs are looking for either a second- or a third-rounder.
Giants GM Jerry Reese declined to confirm or deny those reports, saying only, "We investigate everything. You guys know that."
The Philadelphia Eagles, Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers all have been mentioned as possible suitors.
Source: New Yo rk Daily News

-- Eagles Eyeing Tony Gonzalez --
  • Tue Oct 14, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com​
  • The Philadelphia Inquirer reports the NFL trade deadline is 4 p.m. today, and a league source said the Eagles were one of the teams that had been contacted by the Chiefs concerning TE Tony Gonzalez. HC Andy Reid did not specifically address the Gonzalez situation, but did not dismiss the idea that the Eagles would try to do something. "We'll see," the coach said. "We are keeping our eyes open on some things and we'll see how it works out. In years past, not a lot happens at this time. There's a lot of talk and usually not a lot of action, but we'll see. We're looking and communicating on a couple of things." Gonzalez is on record as saying that he wants to be traded to a Super Bowl contender, and that the defending champion Giants are the "most attractive" team, according to Foxsports.com. The Packers and Bills are also reportedly interested in the nine-time Pro Bowler. Eagles TE L.J. Smith has just 10 catches for 77 yards and two touchdowns through six games. He is 27th in the league in receiving yards among tight ends. The combined production of Smith and TE Brent Celek is 16 catches for 132 yards.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dueyhemlock;2337687 said:
I've read the G-men have mild interest, only offering a 6th.

The Eagles seem to have more interest as far as our division opponents go.

Both teams' FOs highly value their draft picks. They really want to give up much when it comes to trades. And come to think of it, KC plays Cover 2, so it's not like they put alot of priority on their CBs(i.e. no need for Lito).

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
if it gets Lito out of Philly i will take it. Lito is a Cowboy killer and i'm not scared of Tony Gonzo;)

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
I think Tony G. would be a nightmare in Philly. They also have alot of extra draft picks.

I posted (edit) an article in my above post and you can see that their TE position is lacking in production.

Smith22

Reaction score
Gonzo going to the Giants or Eagles would be a major headache for us. :bang2: :bang2:

Boysboy

Reaction score
dueyhemlock;2337716 said:
I think Tony G. would be a nightmare in Philly. They also have alot of extra draft picks.

I posted an article in my above post and you can see that their TE position is very lacking in production.

True-but trades in midseason are nonsense b/c it takes TIME to learn a new playbook.

Which is why I'd rather wait until next year to sign the likes of Roy.

Smith22

Reaction score
Boysboy;2337728 said:
True-but trades in midseason are nonsense b/c it takes TIME to learn a new playbook.

Good point, but having some insurance behind TO would be nice. The injuries seem to be hitting us hard this year, and IF we would lose TO for any significant period of time, this offense will be done.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Boysboy;2337728 said:

I would love to have a learning curve process with Roy W. here as long as Jerry doesn't let Detroit make him their *****/girlfriend the way the Tuna seems to do with Jerry.

Still don't want Tony G. in our division.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dueyhemlock;2337750 said:
I would love to have a learning curve process with Roy W. here as long as Jerry doesn't let Detroit make him their *****/girlfriend the way the Tuna seems to do with Jerry.

Still don't want Tony G. in our division.

We'll find out in less than 5 hours.