Get ready for it

Lane21Train

Reaction score
Get ready for a draft where the first three rounds looks something like this

1: Edge Cooper
2: Jon Brooks
3: WR/OT/OC

Broaddus has been consistently bringing up "a linebacker" or in some cases Edge specifically for months now. He has also started to really jump on the Brooks in round 2 train. Other Dallas social media has begun to catch on to throwing this out there casually as well. The last couple of times I can remember Broaddus throwing this type of chum around about specific players it was LVE & much closer to the draft he started to hint about the over draft of Tyler Smith being an option (that obviously worked out for us better than most of us would have thought). Do with this what you will, me personally I'm not thrilled about it because I just don't see Cooper as a round 1 player but I'm throwing this out here because Im curious who else has caught on to this trend & noticed it again this year.

RS12

Reaction score
He and everybody else on the draft show been consistently saying OLine round one since they restarted the show. FWIW.

Lane21Train

Reaction score
He and everybody else on the draft show been consistently saying OLine round one since they restarted the show. FWIW.
Not entirely accurate. Go back & re listen. Bryan specifically likes to casually throw in random comments in passing about “a linebacker” or in some cases cooper by name when talking about round one picks. He never gets drawn into a conversation or a segment but he randomly throws it out there ALOT more than I think you may be realizing.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Broaddus has been consistently bringing up "a linebacker" or in some cases Edge specifically for months now. He has also started to really jump on the Brooks in round 2 train. Other Dallas social media has begun to catch on to throwing this out there casually as well. The last couple of times I can remember Broaddus throwing this type of chum around about specific players it was LVE & much closer to the draft he started to hint about the over draft of Tyler Smith being an option (that obviously worked out for us better than most of us would have thought). Do with this what you will, me personally I'm not thrilled about it because I just don't see Cooper as a round 1 player but I'm throwing this out here because Im curious who else has caught on to this trend & noticed it again this year.
round one if we trade back!!!! This is just doing this because of a NEED it's not that serious, trade back and get him or someone else in the 2nd or bottom of the 1st

Lane21Train

Reaction score
round one if we trade back!!!! This is just doing this because of a NEED it's not that serious, trade back and get him or someone else in the 2nd or bottom of the 1st
I understand your point but I just dont like the value for a linebacker in round one in general unless they are deemed generational. I also don't particularly see "IT" with Cooper, he's certainly not bad & even probably above average but I can get a very good linebacker in round 3 or 4 if we pick one up & not drop premium pick. I've run every mock draft scenario I can imagine & unless the NFL is literally out on all of these QB's & every potential injury concern turns out to be dramatic there is really no way for atleast one OL,Edge,CB or WR that I'd have significantly higher on my board than any LB in this class not to be there.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I understand your point but I just dont like the value for a linebacker in round one in general unless they are deemed generational. I also don't particularly see "IT" with Cooper, he's certainly not bad & even probably above average but I can get a very good linebacker in round 3 or 4 if we pick one up & not drop premium pick. I've run every mock draft scenario I can imagine & unless the NFL is literally out on all of these QB's & every potential injury concern turns out to be dramatic there is really no way for atleast one OL,Edge,CB or WR that I'd have significantly higher on my board than any LB in this class not to be there.
Only issue I see is if they feel good about the OL depth/edge depth, CB depth which is why gilly isn't coming back probably. Only other avenue would be to go to a sexy pick and take a WR which I feel there's plenty of and we don't need to take early

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think Brooks is a given if he's there. I don't think the front office is particularly looking at edge rushers. They've got Lawrence at one end, Parsons as a top pass rusher and spent a second on Sam Williams. I think they want to give that a chance before investing high in another edge. Whether they are looking for depth depends on how they view Fehoko and Golston. I think they will move Fehoko back out to end. Not as sure on Golston. We may see him as a 3-tech to rotate with Odighizuwa. I think the main thing we'll want to do on the defensive line is add another big man to pair with Mazi on early downs. I think we'll be looking in the third round on for that kind of player (Jordan Jefferson, Jaden Crumedy, McKinnley Jackson). The player I like is in the midround area is DeWayne Carter because he brings more pass rush ability, but he doesn't have the size of the others that we may be looking for.