Getting a Refund on A Priceline.com Trip

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Can anyone who has had to cancel a trip and didn't insure it give me some suggestions?

I booked a trip to Vegas for myself and my mom for the week between Christmas and New Years. It's a pricy week to travel but it's a week off for me. My mother was very ill last year over the holidays and I wanted to give her a special treat. But my entire family is ticked off at me because they just don't want her to travel..despite the fact that Vegas caters to the geriatric crowd, and I've got everything set up - the oxygen, wheelchair, emergency service numbers, rental car - the fam is treating me like a serial killer for wanting to take her where she wants to go.

I never used Priceline before this altho I saw the 'nonrefundable' message, I ignored it...I was so sure my mom would be going.

I tried to get her ticket switched to my husband..but the FAA disallows ticket switching since 9/11, and especially to people whose name is Mohamad. :lmao2: And he doesn't want to go to Vegas again anyway .

Any suggestions....?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Call William Shatner? :D
I thought of that, the ham-it-up bastid, I never liked him anyway.

I just called and told them both my mom and are under a doctor's treatment and could not travel (only a half lie, no only a fourth, because if we don't make the playoffs I will be under a psychiatrist's care) and was asked for the doctor's name and phone number. LOL

I can provide them with a dozen for my mother but unless Hostile or Winicki are willing to pose as a doc, I can't see any real medico willing to compromise his/her professional ethics and lie for some idiot who ignores the not-so-fine print.

Screw it. I'll stay home and post. :rolleyes:

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
maybe your moms doctor would be kind enough to answer for both of ya'll
and help you out??
actually i just wanted to thank you for posting this as my mom has been wanting to do the same thing and i was wondering what would happen
if she got ill, as she is likely to do. i guess if i do it the insured trip deal
would be money well spent. sorry it didnt work out for you.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I thought of that, the ham-it-up bastid, I never liked him anyway.

I just called and told them both my mom and are under a doctor's treatment and could not travel (only a half lie, no only a fourth, because if we don't make the playoffs I will be under a psychiatrist's care) and was asked for the doctor's name and phone number. LOL

I can provide them with a dozen for my mother but unless Hostile or Winicki are willing to pose as a doc, I can't see any real medico willing to compromise his/her professional ethics and lie for some idiot who ignores the not-so-fine print.

Screw it. I'll stay home and post. :rolleyes:
Slip the doc a 10 spot :D

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
poke said:
maybe your moms doctor would be kind enough to answer for both of ya'll and help you out??

actually i just wanted to thank you for posting this as my mom has been wanting to do the same thing and i was wondering what would happen
if she got ill, as she is likely to do. i guess if i do it the insured trip deal
would be money well spent. sorry it didnt work out for you.

Poke, I'm sure unlike me you'll be smart enough to insure your trip.

I think the insurance is something minimal too, like only 50 bucks.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Slip the doc a 10 spot :D
LOL. Are you kidding, with what they make, he'll want the entire refund. :D

This stinks tho. I could have taken my sister if they just let me transfer the ticket..and the portion of the trip they are refunding for my mother is less than one-third of the entire thing...now if I do take my sister I have to buy her a compete package, and it's doubtful she even gets on the same plane.

Then I tried to get the trip pushed up to the summer when any number of people could accompany me. No dice there either.

Next time I'll know..duh, what do non-refundable mean? :lmao:

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
My wife has been able to get her tickett switched since 9/11. I think the airline may need to see the Dr.s note in your case (my wifes was business) but I think you'll be able to do it.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
These third party online brokers are crooks when it comes to giving refunds.

I had a trip booked to New Orleans booked through Travelocity and I had to cancel it for some reason... let me think, oh yeah, the city was destroyed by a freaking hurricane! I don't even think the damn airport was open for me to fly into if I wanted to.

In the end, they gave me a "credit" but it was minus $130 in "cancellation fees." Highway robbery.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Good thinking!

I might be selling some of you Skins fans short. :D
I'm pretty sure the airline will direct you back to Priceline. Once you go through the broker, they pretty much wash their hands of you.