Giants Are 9.5 Point Favorite Over Cowboys..

Reaction score
I just heard that the Giants are a 9.5 point favorite over the Cowboys.

I am kind of surprised it wasn't more.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
nine five with all the injuries? Including the starting QB with the crainial injury, blindness in the one eye and he hasn't figured out he's really left-handed Dallas Cowboys? The Dallas Cowboys from Texas of the NF of L?

I'm just making sure...............

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seven;2380578 said:
nine five with all the injuries? Including the starting QB with the crainial injury, blindness in the one eye and he hasn't figured out he's really left-handed Dallas Cowboys? The Dallas Cowboys from Texas of the NF of L?

I'm just making sure...............

:laugh2: It's actually nice to not have any pressure this week. Of course, the Cowboys need an almost perfect effort to win, but I think we'll see another motivated performance this week. There's nothing to lose but the game itself.

superpunk

Reaction score
I'm sure those losers will find some way to turn this 9.5 point favorite into someone disrespecting them.

"Vegas is trying to make us take the Cowboys lightly. Playing on astroturf hurts us. Brandon Jacobs is a farce of a goalline back."

etc...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We just need to play good defense and chew the clock up on offense.

There is ways to win a game like this. It will take some Parcells style football to get it done though.

Brad will also HAVE to make some plays downfield.

Im not even talking about 25 yads downfield either. Just in the 10 to 15 yard range would be nice.

If Bollinger plays all bets are off and nobody knows what will happen. I personally think that is the way we will go.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
If I were a gambler, I'd be all over this. Odds of Dallas keeping it that close are extremely slim.

Seven

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2380615 said:
:laugh2: It's actually nice to not have any pressure this week. Of course, the Cowboys need an almost perfect effort to win, but I think we'll see another motivated performance this week. There's nothing to lose but the game itself.

I agree.

I say that now tho. Soon as the ball's kicked I'm "insta-jerk". Cape and everything........ I want them all ESPECIALLY The hated Gint's. Is this selfish of me? ;)

I do want to see the defense keep the intensity and raise it up a notch with packages and movement.

superpunk

Reaction score
CATCH17;2380630 said:
If Bollinger plays all bets are off and nobody knows what will happen. I personally think that is the way we will go.
What makes you think that? I can't see anything indicating they're going to go with Bollinger, except that that's what I hope they'll do - at least give themselves a chance to run an aggressive offense.

But I kind of feel like they'll just run Brad out there, well, cuz he's the backup after all, shucks, you know, he didn't turn the ball over last week, won the game against Tampa, etc.

Seven

Reaction score
superpunk;2380643 said:
What makes you think that? I can't see anything indicating they're going to go with Bollinger, except that that's what I hope they'll do - at least give themselves a chance to run an aggressive offense.

But I kind of feel like they'll just run Brad out there, well, cuz he's the backup after all, shucks, you know, he didn't turn the ball over last week, won the game against Tampa, etc.

No offense SP but I think Brad should walk. Just in case.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
superpunk;2380643 said:

It just makes to much sense to play Bollinger.

Its the best thing to do short term and long term.

If Romo gets hurt again you have to know what you hve in Bollinger because Brad gives you 0 chance to win in the playoffs.

At least Bollinger has the physical skills required to get these BIGTIME players around him the ball.

If you start Bollinger you find out

1. If he can be your backup.

2. If Romo gets hurt again you know what you got with him and you know what the RIGHT CHOICE is between Brad and Brooks

3. Sends a message to the team. "We're going for it"

4. Gives the Giants a look at a QB they dont have film on in this offense

It just makes to much sense.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I predict we rout the Giants on Sunday. :cool:

Now, where is that back patting contraption? I'm going to need it. ;)

slick325

Reaction score
CATCH17;2380630 said:
We just need to play good defense and chew the clock up on offense.

There is ways to win a game like this. It will take some Parcells style football to get it done though.

Brad will also HAVE to make some plays downfield.

Im not even talking about 25 yads downfield either. Just in the 10 to 15 yard range would be nice.

Good post. "Parcells ball" will be on the menu and should be IMO. The only problem with that is, Parcells generally had stronger armed QB's that can take the one or two shots per game downfield to try to get a big play. Brad Johnson can't get that done in the Dome in St. Louis or in the partially enclosed Texas Stadium, how in the world will he be able to do it in windy Giants Stadium?

I think if the defense is playing well and can keep the game close, we'll see a couple trick plays as well (also a Parcells move when his team is overmatched or undermanned).

If Bollinger is forced to play then the gameplan won't be too much different than what Parcells did with Quincy and Hutch or what he would do with Brad Johnson for that matter. Conservative!!!! Heavy on the run, win the TOP, win the field position battle and hopefully the turnover battle.

The OL, MBIII (hope to see Choice as well) and the defense have to play up to their paychecks big time in this game for Dallas to steal a win. Also, a big play on special teams wouldn't hurt either.

parchy

Reaction score
That's a pretty serious spread for an NFL game. If it goes over 10 you know there's a heavy favorite.

I honestly don't know how this team's going to perform as serious dogs. We haven't really seen that since the Bledsoe days. Although I guess our QB is going to be just as bad or worse, so it makes sense. But I do know we were a really good road team last year, including a win at the Meadowlands, so we'll see.