Giants | Barber to retire if he wins Super Bowl?

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:16:17 -0800

Wallace Matthews, of Newsday.com, reports New York Giants RB Tiki Barber could retire after the 2006 season if he were to win a Super Bowl ring. "I don't know how long I want to play," said Barber. "There's certain goals I have for myself. I'd like to rush for 10,000 yards, and I'd like to accomplish some other individual goals, but obviously winning the Super Bowl is paramount for me. Beyond that, I'm not gonna play just to play or just to accumulate stats. There's too much other - that I want to do in my life."

Chuck 54

Reaction score
ridiculous...there's nothing in his statement that even hints he'd retire in his prime after the best season he's ever had...he merely said the SB is his main priority, not staying in the league forever like Emmitt.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
If Tiki is going to play until he wins a SB then I hope he plays forever.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
ridiculous...there's nothing in his statement that even hints he'd retire in his prime after the best season he's ever had...he merely said the SB is his main priority, not staying in the league forever like Emmitt.

Why did you have to take a shot at Smith? If you wanted to comment on guys staying in the league forever, why not comment on Ray Brown, Sean Landeta or Jerry Rice. I know you hate the former Cowboys stars (see Aikman couldn't throw the long ball, Irvin was a possession receiver) but do you have to do it all the time?

superpunk

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Why did you have to take a shot at Smith? If you wanted to comment on guys staying in the league forever, why not comment on Ray Brown, Sean Landeta or Jerry Rice. I know you hate the former Cowboys stars (see Aikman couldn't throw the long ball, Irvin was a possession receiver) but do you have to do it all the time?

It's hard dealing with a team having a ton of the greatest players of all time. Some people grieve differently.

Tricky-22

Git R Done
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:16:17 -0800

Wallace Matthews, of Newsday.com, reports New York Giants RB Tiki Barber could retire after the 2006 season if he were to win a Super Bowl ring. "I don't know how long I want to play," said Barber. "There's certain goals I have for myself. I'd like to rush for 10,000 yards, and I'd like to accomplish some other individual goals, but obviously winning the Super Bowl is paramount for me. Beyond that, I'm not gonna play just to play or just to accumulate stats. There's too much other - that I want to do in my life."

See you next year Tiki.

Cowchips

Reaction score
Let's see..play football and make millions or wash cars for $12.00 per hour?

Hmmmmm, that's something more than running up his stats :)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Something of note....the last few months Tiki has been doing the fox and friends morning shows at different times during the week.

To be honest he does a very good job at it and I would bet money that is what he is shooting for once he retires.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Something of note....the last few months Tiki has been doing the fox and friends morning shows at different times during the week.

To be honest he does a very good job at it and I would bet money that is what he is shooting for once he retires.

I agree with you BP. I think you were the one who told me about him being on there a while ago. I watched a few times and he was impressive.

Wouldn't shock me one bit if he walks away early becasue his "second" career is already very much on track.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski said:
I agree with you BP. I think you were the one who told me about him being on there a while ago. I watched a few times and he was impressive.

Wouldn't shock me one bit if he walks away early becasue his "second" career is already very much on track.

He was not just your typical jock that seemed out of place and you could tell he did his homework.