News: Giants Insider picks the Dallas Cowboys to win on Sunday

CCBoy

Reaction score
Giants Insider picks the Dallas Cowboys to win on Sunday

http://thelandryhat.com/2016/12/08/giants-insider-picks-dallas-cowboys-win/

1. What impact will the absence of defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul have on the New York Giants’ defense?

CM: It’s huge. In some respects, JPP has been viewed as simply an athletic edge rusher, but recently he had become a true force along the line of scrimmage. One of the problems that the Giants have is a lack of depth at several positions, including defensive end. At this point, it appears that Kerry Wynn will be the first man up. Nothing against Wynn, but he’s no JPP.

2. What is your biggest concern going into Sunday night’s matchup?

CM: Where do I begin? I would think that job #1 would be slowing down Ezekiel Elliott, and that will be much more difficult without Jason Pierre-Paul. I think that the Giants secondary can match-up with the Cowboys’ receivers, but Jason Witten always saves his best for the G-Men.

Offensively, the Giants cannot run the ball, so will their offensive line get a push against the Cowboys? Can the line protect Eli Manning? The Giants offense has been a fire drill lately, so they have to get better quickly against the Cowboys.

3. Can you talk a bit about the Giants difficulties in the running game, which currently ranks 31st in the NFL.

CM: I think a combination of things makes that statistic very logical. First, the offensive line that Jerry Reese put together this season is something out of the 1980s. They are mostly big guys who lack technique and proper footwork. Sometimes they can get a block at the point of attack, but forget about the second or third level. Secondly, I like Rashad Jennings, but I question whether or not he is a starting NFL running back.

4. Can you name one relatively unknown Giants player whom you believe will shock Cowboys fans on Sunday?

CM: I would keep an eye out for Paul Perkins. Perhaps the Giants utilize him more in the rushing attack, as he is quicker than Rashad Jennings at hitting the holes. The other would be Roger Lewis. He’s an undrafted free agent receiver who seems to have a connection with Manning.

5. What is your prediction for the game and a final score?

CM: The fan base is very down on the G-Men, since the thrashing at Pittsburgh deflated them, so I wonder how much of an advantage the home field will be. Overall, I think that the only way the Giants can win this game is by winning the turnover battle, and Dak Prescott has two interceptions on the year. Dallas is the more balanced team, and I see a 27-13 win by the Cowboys.

popp1234

Reaction score
Giants Insider picks the Dallas Cowboys to win on Sunday

http://thelandryhat.com/2016/12/08/giants-insider-picks-dallas-cowboys-win/

1. What impact will the absence of defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul have on the New York Giants’ defense?

CM: It’s huge. In some respects, JPP has been viewed as simply an athletic edge rusher, but recently he had become a true force along the line of scrimmage. One of the problems that the Giants have is a lack of depth at several positions, including defensive end. At this point, it appears that Kerry Wynn will be the first man up. Nothing against Wynn, but he’s no JPP.

2. What is your biggest concern going into Sunday night’s matchup?

CM: Where do I begin? I would think that job #1 would be slowing down Ezekiel Elliott, and that will be much more difficult without Jason Pierre-Paul. I think that the Giants secondary can match-up with the Cowboys’ receivers, but Jason Witten always saves his best for the G-Men.

Offensively, the Giants cannot run the ball, so will their offensive line get a push against the Cowboys? Can the line protect Eli Manning? The Giants offense has been a fire drill lately, so they have to get better quickly against the Cowboys.

3. Can you talk a bit about the Giants difficulties in the running game, which currently ranks 31st in the NFL.

CM: I think a combination of things makes that statistic very logical. First, the offensive line that Jerry Reese put together this season is something out of the 1980s. They are mostly big guys who lack technique and proper footwork. Sometimes they can get a block at the point of attack, but forget about the second or third level. Secondly, I like Rashad Jennings, but I question whether or not he is a starting NFL running back.

4. Can you name one relatively unknown Giants player whom you believe will shock Cowboys fans on Sunday?

CM: I would keep an eye out for Paul Perkins. Perhaps the Giants utilize him more in the rushing attack, as he is quicker than Rashad Jennings at hitting the holes. The other would be Roger Lewis. He’s an undrafted free agent receiver who seems to have a connection with Manning.

CM: The fan base is very down on the G-Men, since the thrashing at Pittsburgh deflated them, so I wonder how much of an advantage the home field will be. Overall, I think that the only way the Giants can win this game is by winning the turnover battle, and Dak Prescott has two interceptions on the year. Dallas is the more balanced team, and I see a 27-13 win by the Cowboys.

Reverse psychology...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Reverse psychology...
beasl.0.jpg

Ask Cole about backwards thinking...:)

Reaction score
Their offense has been struggling, but they always seem to play well against us. Many of Eli's best games are against the Cowboys. I expect the same on Sunday, despite how they have played lately.

popp1234

Reaction score
beasl.0.jpg

Ask Cole about backwards thinking...:)

I guess #22 tried to point Cole's head in the right direction. Although, looking back and reflecting can sometimes be an unpleasant experience. Lol

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
" I think that the Giants secondary can match-up with the Cowboys’ receivers, but Jason Witten always saves his best for the G-Men."

That's nice. They can matchup with our recievers. In other words, they can follow them around as Dak gets them the ball. After the catch, they can continue to matchup following them.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

CM: I see a 27-13 win by the Cowboys.
That works for me.

A couple of extra days to rest for the Cowboys might make a diference in the final spread.

Either way, beat the Gints and on to TB.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I'm a little less confident in this game, mainly because of the cold weather. Eli and that a**clown wr OBJ always seem to play their best against us and they're a desperate team right now. I'm not predicting a loss, but regardless of records, this is always a tough road game. I know this team has stepped up all year, but if they truly want to prove they belong where they are, they need to convincingly win this game.....

DFWJC

Reaction score
Useless trivia here:
In the Dallas Morning New today, 9 out of 10 writers picked the Cowboys to win. 6 of 10 picked them to win by >3 points.

I think if I had to pick the winner and vs spread, I'd take Dallas to win and the Giants to cover.