Give me the damn Kicker

garyv

Reaction score
Quite thinking too much about whether we pay a Kicker 1.7 Million or 3.0 Million. I say, this might be the most important Free Agent addition they could add this off season so why worry whether we are saving 800,000 to 1.3 Million when this guy will be the missing link on making the playoffs or watching them. Evaluate them and than sign who you feel would be the best. I personally like Josh Brown from Seahawks who is 27 years old, good on kickoffs and has the biggest upside. I would like to sign him to a 4 year deal for 8

garyv

Reaction score
4 year deal for 8 Million (of course 8 dollars would be better)

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I'm with you. 2 million bucks a year to sign a great young kicker? I'd be running to my checkbook if I were Jerry.

The way NFL teams are today, you simply must have a good kicker.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
conner01 said:
Patients!!!!!

Patience.

There are several guys still on the market. You don't just jump in with a huge offer just because you want to get it locked up. I think we go after Brown and wait and see on Mare. Vini is a pipe dream and Vanderjagt is not good enough on kickoffs.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
KICKER-CVR84-extra1_tw200_th200.jpg

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
josh brown it is, after the whole seattle OL scandal he is going to come a lot cheaper than before and he has a long life left in that leg of his. and adam V face it paying 1.7 more for him than a younger Josh brown is stupid cuz 1.7 is 2/3 of draft picks :D

alancdc

Reaction score
anyone know where we stand on this? did we offer Vanderjack a contract?

sago1

Reaction score
Actually since Brown is only 27 I'd sign him to a 5 year contract worth anywhere from $7-$10M with $2.5M signing bonus (he's not yet the kicker Longwell is). Might also include an incentive that any year he makes 85% of his FGs from inside 47 yards, he will receive $200,000 additionally; if he makes 50-65% of FGs beyond 47, he receives an additional $50,000-$75,000 (wouldn't be trying many of these.

Pooz

Reaction score
Careful what you pay that kicker. It will bite u in the arse 2 years from now when you have other needs to fill.

Pooz

Reaction score
sago1 said:
Actually since Brown is only 27 I'd sign him to a 5 year contract worth anywhere from $7-$10M with $2.5M signing bonus (he's not yet the kicker Longwell is). Might also include an incentive that any year he makes 85% of his FGs from inside 47 yards, he will receive $200,000 additionally; if he makes 50-65% of FGs beyond 47, he receives an additional $50,000-$75,000 (wouldn't be trying many of these.
U like spending others people's money don't you:) This would be insane!:)