Give Me Your Fives

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tell me your top 5 teams and your bottom 5 teams. Explain why if you feel the need.

Top 5...

1. Patriots. Undefeated, tip your hat to them.

2. Cowboys. Time for even our doubters to recognize.

3. Colts. I can't believe they lost yesterday the way they did, on a Vinatieri chip shot miss. Can we finally stop talking about how we could have had him over Vanderjagt?

4. Packers. Favre is so much fun to watch.

5. Steelers. Tough team that is going to get even better.

Bottom 5...

32. Dolphins. After the 1st week of the year when I had them in the bottom 5 Skins fans thought it was a slap at them. It wasn't.

31. Jets. Say goodbye to Darren McFadden. He's on his way to the Big Apple.

30. Rams. You had to know they weren't going winless with that offense.

29. 49ers. Gotta admit, this shocks me. Damn the Patriots for having their pick.

28. Raiders. Just whine baby.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
1. Pats - One of best offenses ever
2. Cowboys - Explosive offense, D continues to improve
3. Colts - May not get Harrison back, injuries killing offense
4. Packers - Just keep winning
5. Steelers - Still not 100 percent sold on them

28. Rams
29. 49ers
30. Raiders
31. Jets
32. Dolphins - May be worse team ever

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;1760719 said:
Tell me your top 5 teams and your bottom 5 teams. Explain why if you feel the need.

Top 5...

3. Colts. I can't believe they lost yesterday the way they did, on a Vinatieri chip shot miss. Can we finally stop talking about how we could have had him over Vanderjagt?

Bottom 5...

32. Dolphins. After the 1st week of the year when I had them in the bottom 5 Skins fans thought it was a slap at them. It wasn't.

29. 49ers. Gotta admit, this shocks me. Damn the Patriots for having their pick.

On the nosey

mitchell2254

Reaction score
1. Patriots
2. Cowboys
3. Colts
4. Packers
5. Jaguars (better than Pitt when Garrard is healthy)

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Hostile;1760719 said:

Top 5...

Bottom 5...

I would probably switch The Packers and Colts. I don't know what fountain of youth Favre found, but what he is doing right now at this stage in his career is amazing. Otherwise, spot on!

Rackat

Reaction score
I agree with Hos' picks. And the worst part of it isn't that MCFadden is going to NYJ, it's that the Cheatriots didn't lose SF's pick as well.

Gordon

Reaction score
1. Patriots
2. Cowboys
3. Colts
4. Steelers
5. Packers

28. Rams
29. Raiders
30. 49ers
31. Jets
32. Dolphins

I'm hesitant to even put the Rams in the Bottom 5, I think they'll put together a solid 2nd half, but with only 1 W they still have to prove it.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I think the Colts are in serious trouble with injuries. Green Bay and Pitt on the rise. Greenbay and Dallas will face two times this year.

1. New England Patriots
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Green Bay Packers
4. Pittsburgh Steelers
5. Indianapolis Colts

Hard to say who is the worst because they all are bad. I think the Rams have the most talent out of the group.

28. St. Louis Rams
29. Atlanta Falcons
30. San Francisco 49ers
31. New York Jets
32. Miami Dolphins

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Pats- undefeated and the obvious
Boys- 8-1 only loss to the one above
Colts- when healthy right there
Pack- the cinderella season continues
Jax- physically a tough team

Skins- they could easily be 2-6, with squeekers vs the Jets, Miami, and the Cards, horrid offense
Phins- just a team in dissaray
SF- won the 1st two games and lost 6 in a row
Jets- bigtime mess
Raiders- is there a more ignorant franchise from top to bottom?

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Right now, today, I think the Panthers may well be worse than the Rams.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Top 5:

1. New England (9-0) - The team is still undefeated. Tough game last week against Bye. :D
2. Indianapolis (7-2) - The team is struggling, but I am still very impressed that they are 7-2 against the schedule they have played so far.
3. Dallas (8-1) - The Cowboys had an impressive win on the road against the third best team in the NFC.
4. Green Bay (8-1) - They annihilated the Vikings, but the Vikes aren't are good team this year.
5. N.Y. Giants (6-3) - I put them here since their three losses have come from Dallas and Green Bay.

I put the Giants ahead of Pittsburgh, because of the Steelers' record. They have not played anyone with a record better than 5-4. The team lost to the Cardinals and the Broncos. Dallas would probably be 9-0 vs. this record, and the Packers and Giants would probably be 8-1.

Bottom 5:
32. Miami (0-9) - They've been more competitive recently, but this spot is theirs until they finally win a game.
31. San Francisco (2-6) - The Funny-Niners have lost six straight and have been blown out in most of them.
30. N.Y. Jets (1-8) - The Jets have also lost six straight games, but they have been competitive in most of them.
29. Oakland (2-7) - The Raiders have lost five straight in a really bad division.
28. St. Louis (1-8) - I know they are only 1-8, but the win against the Saints was very impressive.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;1760719 said:

Top 5...

1. Agreed. But I think we got a little something for them... if.... ;)

2. While I believe we are good and getting better.... we just beat the Giants again.... they are not that good.

3. Colts game - it was a game that got away from Manning... it happens... but more importantly... it shows how Brady gets it done no matter who is catching... Manning couldnt... maybe he cant...

Vinatieri LOL - I was thinking the same thing that you posted... but when I heard he made 115 out of 119 under 30 yards... he gets a pass.... it was an off day for him too...

4. Favre is fun to watch... and annoying at the same time. I hope we beat him down. With pressure I think we can force him into MANY turnovers. He is dying to pad his INT numbers

5. Steelers - just wow. Dont know where they fit in... in the AFC... good job by Tomlin and co

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Top 5...

1. Patriots. Undefeated.

2. Cowboys. Proven many times we 4 real.

3. Steelers. Always a tough team when games are on the line

4. Colts. Unhealthy but will get better

5. Packers. need to improve on the running game

Bottom 5...

32. Dolphins. record saids it all

31. Texans. they got tremendous players, tremendous talent and keep loosing. i just dont get it. this team makes my #2 because they got the players they just dont play football.

30. Rams. injuries kept them from lots of wins.

29. Jets. horrible qb.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
djtavo;1760866 said:
31. Texans. they got tremendous players, tremendous talent and keep loosing. i just dont get it. this team makes my #2 because they got the players they just dont play football.

What? They are 4-5 in the first or 2nd toughest division in football and they were with out Schaub or A. Johnson for 3 of those games.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
You have the list nailed Hos, and I suspect all of the power rankings this week will reflect the same. There is no doubt in my mind that this Cowboys team would beat the Colts on neutral ground. The Patriots and Cowboys are in class by themselves.

The Superbowl is likely to pit the 16-2 Dallas Cowboys vs the 18-0 New England Patriots.

If the Cowboys have Terry Glenn as a third down receiver and a healthy Henry and Newman in the secondary, does anyone else think the outcome might be different in February?

RomoIsBack

Reaction score
Gordon;1760769 said:
1. Patriots
2. Cowboys
3. Colts
4. Steelers
5. Packers

28. Rams
29. Raiders
30. 49ers
31. Jets
32. Dolphins

I'm hesitant to even put the Rams in the Bottom 5, I think they'll put together a solid 2nd half, but with only 1 W they still have to prove it.

That's a funny pic

1.Pats To Good
2.Dallas more sack then ever
3.packers farve
4.Colts can't play with out wr
5.steelers big ben

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Doomsday;1760869 said:
What? They are 4-5 in the first or 2nd toughest division in football and they were with out Schaub or A. Johnson for 3 of those games.

exactly, 4-5 with the talent they have to me is just not enough...
they played good games and very close games without those players, they still didnt get wins.

They lost to the Falcons 26-16 and 3 of those 4 wins against....Chiefs, Dolphins, Okland.

Again, with the players they got i think they should be a lot better.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, right this minute, I think I'd probably go something like this.

1. Pats
2. Boys
3. Pack
4. Pitt
5. Colts

I fully believe that the Colts will be the most formidable team in the League by playoff time but as of right now, I'd probably go something like that.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hostile;1760719 said:

Top 5...

Bottom 5...

Hard to argue with any of those picks, Hos.

I do like the Jags too, but as long as Pitt keeps winning, I can't see them below the Jags.

With Indy's injuries, I think you could make a case for us at #2. If we played Indy head up with both teams healthy... I think we still might take them because we're just so physical. More physical than anyone... including the Patriots.

I can actually see where New England could go 16-0 and then lose the super bowl to us. Not likely, but I think we'll play them much better in round 2 if we both get there.