Giving Props

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Just wanted to give props to Spears. By adding half a sack, he tied last years sack total yesterday and still has 8 more games to go. At this rate, he may beat his stellar rookie season. And we thought he was blowing smoke about Parcells holding him back last season.

Reaction score
You may not like it, but Spears has played well this year. I won't start complaining about our D-Line until we start getting gashed for huge runs, which we are not.

If you think Spears is going to ever have 8+ sacks in a season from his position, you're out of your mind. Even if the ends do shoot the gaps in this scheme, they still have to deal with double teams and their job is still just to create pressure so the OLBs can get there.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I thought both starting DEs played great last night. Canty was a beast out there.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Joshmvii;1747190 said:
You may not like it, but Spears has played well this year. I won't start complaining about our D-Line until we start getting gashed for huge runs, which we are not.

If you think Spears is going to ever have 8+ sacks in a season from his position, you're out of your mind. Even if the ends do shoot the gaps in this scheme, they still have to deal with double teams and their job is still just to create pressure so the OLBs can get there.

You're right, we shouldn't expect a DE in the 3-4 to put up many sacks. Luis Castillo, Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, Ty Warren and Jarvis Green are all the exception to the rule, especially considering all the 3-4 teams out there.

Lighten up Francis, I was giving him props. :D

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
This is probably the first ever positive Spears thread.