Go to Roy Williams early and often

Brooksey

Reaction score
We need to get Roy Williams involved early. He is a strong, possession type receiver who can move the chains, he can get deep and he can play the redzone. If JG can get him involved say 4-5 catches in the first half and balance that with a running game and a dose of Witten...This will eventually open up the deep game to TO. They tried it last week but Romo threw the early pick. We have to establish RW in this offense to get the double team off T.O. not just for this week but for the playoffs.

FORGET THE DELAYED DRAWS. When we run the ball, run it from the I and use the lead block of the fullback and smash it/blast right up the gut. When we go shotgun, use the spread offense we ran last year and get it out quick. When there is time or one on one coverage let's take our shots down field, we need to open up this offense.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm hoping for big days from Owens, Williams, and Choice and that they're able to first and foremost secure a Cowboys victory, and playoff spot, but also secure me 1st place in my fantasy football league.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Roy and TO both play well, maybe Witten can actually rest his aching body. I know he'll be out there, but it would be nice to use him as a decoy while the WRs and RBs make all the plays. If we make it to the playoffs, we will need Witten as healthy as possible.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Romo just needs to focus on throwing the ball to whomever is open. I'd rather him dump the ball off to Choice, Witten, Anderson, Bennett etc etc 20 times for short gains than trying to force it to others downfield just for the sake of "getting them involved"

If RW is open so be it, otherwise just throw to open guys

a 5yd gain or an incompletion is better than a drive killing turnover or huge sack.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
dbair1967;2526300 said:
Romo just needs to focus on throwing the ball to whomever is open. I'd rather him dump the ball off to Choice, Witten, Anderson, Bennett etc etc 20 times for short gains than trying to force it to others downfield just for the sake of "getting them involved"

a 5yd gain or an incompletion is better than a drive killing turnover or huge sack.

Ya. To the open guys and let that be Romo's guidling light.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I agree to an extent but getting RW involved early will force the defense to adjust the safety over the top of T.O. or make them keep two safeties over the top of both wideouts opening up the middle big for witten, and the running game.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Watch the highlight reels of Roy Williams (if I knew how to post it, I would check youtube) he is nasty over the middle on slant routes and great in one on one situations down field.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
The overrating of Dallas talent has reached Epic status.

Roy is at best a Jag WR - LOOK AT HIS PERFORMANCE

I know excuses, blame Romo, QB's, manana

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Honestly Roy is towards the end of the list of things the Cowboys need to do. First priority should be to get Choice involved. Choice should have 30+ carries this game. I know that's a lot but if Barber's not out there we should run him to the ground. If Barber is healthy I expect Barber to get a huge share of carries to. I know this team is pass first but they need to change that. They need to let the run establishing the passing game.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2526300 said:

Ding Ding Ding.

We have seen enough of the trying to force it to TO or Witten to know we don't need to just get it to this guy or that guy for the sake of getting them involved.

Just throw it to the open guy and don't turn into Drew Bledsoe throwing it to Glenn and ending his career as a starter and eventually an NFL player.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2526300 said:

Exactly. The last thing we need is Romo forcing throws to anyone. Just take what the defense is willing to give you and get out of Philly with a win.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Nobody said force anything, I'm saying involve him in the game plan to open the rest of the offense. Just looking for what the defense gives you is having no game plan.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Dumping the ball to Witten and Choice is the offense you have saw for the last 4 weeks, do you like it? We need a solid game plan and we need to stick to it. We need to run the ball and get the the ball to Roy often to open this offense.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
brooksey1;2526671 said:
Nobody said force anything, I'm saying involve him in the game plan to open the rest of the offense. Just looking for what the defense gives you is having no game plan.

Alot of the plays being drawn up are getting guys open, the problem is alot of times the QB locks in on one guy before the play starts and ignores the others.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
brooksey1;2526675 said:
Dumping the ball to Witten and Choice is the offense you have saw for the last 4 weeks, do you like it? We need a solid game plan and we need to stick to it. We need to run the ball and get the the ball to Roy often to open this offense.

If it wins, yeah I like it alot.

As for the RW comments, if he gets open the QB should throw him the ball. If he aint open he shouldnt throw him the ball. Its that simple.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I think we should go to whomever is open. Forget trying to force feed anyone the ball. That's a recipe for disaster.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
brooksey1;2525879 said:
We need to get Roy Williams involved early.

Because he is more sure-handed than TO I say focus on him. Keep going to him until the defense stops him. Then go to TO.. then to Witten... the to whomever.

Put this game on RWR. He wants it. He can handle it. He IS a gamechanger.

Its time we evidence this.

Merlin

Reaction score
nathanlt;2526305 said:
Use The Short Slant Route To R W Repeatedly!!!

That play should almost be indefensible and Roy Willie has the ability to take it to the house on any catch. A receiver with Roy's size and ability should be way more involved with the offense. If you are gonna force it to someone, force it to this guy; he's 6'6" and teams are not doubling him. No excuse. Romo has to play better and make better reads.