Going to Lions game

ljs44

Reaction score
I'm taking my family to the game from MD and we are landing around 11. Anyone have any suggestions on what we can do from then until gametime? we did the Star last year.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm taking my family to the game from MD and we are landing around 11. Anyone have any suggestions on what we can do from then until gametime? we did the Star last year.

I am planning to catch a game next season and I live in Maryland as well. Keep us updated after the trip.

Eddie

Reaction score
Are you staying over or flying back after the game?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

you have to find a local barbecue place and definitely do some Texas barbecue. if you can go to Terry Black's barbecue. a bit pricey, but yummmmm..

take a picture of yourself in the big concave mirror outside the stadium (northwest sdie). I took a picture of us in the mirror. you would have to expand it to see yourself, but definitely there. its interesting.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

If you are landing at DFW you may want to consider spending the day in the town of Grapevine. Really cool old west style town with plenty of shops, restaurants, wine tasting bars and cowboy culture. You can take the Tex Rail from the airport if you don't have a car. Plenty of free parking otherwise and a quick drive from the airport.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Its

probably booked full already, but we always get the Marriott right near the stadium so we can walk to the games. We then have breakfast at Pioneer about 3 miles from the stadium. Texas live is going to be packed but is great fun to eat some bar food and have drinks before the game.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Arlington sucks other than the stuff around the stadium. All the cool stuff is in the great white flight area of Frisco/Prosper/McKinney/Plano. Chicken n Pickle is close, off George Bush/161 in Grand Prairie. It's a large restaurant and bar with pickle ball courts. Stock Yards are cool if you've never been. Texas Live is ok. If you like wings eat at a Pluckers. Go to the Grapevine location, NOT the Arlington one. Six Flags is always fun, and it's Holiday in the Park right now.

Nobody ever suggest this, but go to downtown Dallas. Check out the grassy knoll, then eat up in The Ball (reunion tower). https://reuniontower.com/

Aven8

Reaction score
Flying back Sunday morning, so we just need something to do from 11- 4
Texas Live. Restaurant and Bar right across from Globe Field. It will be packed but the place is huge.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Texas Live. Restaurant and Bar right across from Globe Field. It will be packed but the place is huge.
Take out a loan to spend a few hours there. :laugh:

Troy Aikman has a place there. Probably worth checking out.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Some recommended restaurants in the Ft Worth area which is closer to AT&T and Arlington and the traffic is a little better than Dallas or Collin counties….
  • Joe T. Garcia’s- near the famous Stockyards on the northside of FW. It’s famous for its simple yet tasty Tex-Mex food, great margaritas. Bring cash because they don’t take credit cards. Website: https://www.joetgarcias.com/
  • Heim’s Barbecue- the original location is at 1109 W. Magnolia AveFort Worth, TX 76104. Visitbtheir website: https://heimbbq.com/ I like this location better than the others because it is way less crowded. Try the “burnt ends”. Great bbq!
  • Tolbert’s Chili Parlor- located in old downtown Grapevine about 20 min from stadium. Live music most nights and it’s on a cool strip of the old historic City of Grapevine. Website: https://tolbertsrestaurant.com/
There are tons of others of course. My general recommendation is avoid eating close to the stadium and you will save money and usually get better service too, and less crowds.

Enjoy your trip. Go Cowboys!

Jipper

Reaction score
you have to find a local barbecue place and definitely do some Texas barbecue. if you can go to Terry Black's barbecue. a bit pricey, but yummmmm..

take a picture of yourself in the big concave mirror outside the stadium (northwest sdie). I took a picture of us in the mirror. you would have to expand it to see yourself, but definitely there. its interesting.
go to pecan lodge....thats the best!!!

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Just got home from the Eagles game. We didn't have any kids with us, but Texas Live was a lot of fun before the game. If you want a prime seat in the main big room you will have to arrive before they open, probably around 10:30. Or you can find another spot outside or in the surrounding bars ( we arrived around 2:00 and ended up sitting on the patio of the PBR bar ) after a few beers and my charming charisma, we befriended a couple from Vegas who had reserved a seat in the middle. We watched until the end of the 3rd quarter of the Chiefs game and made our way towards the stadium. If you only have a few hours I'd recommend it. It was a cool area with TONS of Cowboy fans with enough opposing fans to have fun with. This all of course depends on the age of the kids going with.

MajesticRey

Reaction score

Spend the whole time before the game at Texas Live.