Going to the Philly game

Hank Scorpio

Reaction score
First time poster here.

It's a long story, but my brother and I have ended up with an opportunity to fly to Philadelphia for the Eagles game on the 28th at very minimal cost.

While I'm excited for the game, I am also a bit nervous about going into that stadium wearing blue & silver- I searched online for some horror stories from visiting fans at Eagles games. There were some pretty bad stories out there, and they were all from fans of teams that Eagles fans are relatively indifferent about- Seattle, Kansas City, etc. I can't imagine they'd be any friendlier to a fan of God & America's Team!

Any Cowboy fans out there ever been to a Cowboys-Eagles game in Philadelphia?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Sorry never in Philly. Been to one in Dallas were some Philly fans from Philly flew in. They started out pretty mouthy in that game but by the end they were taking the Walk of Shame cause Dallas and soundly trounced them.

I can't imagine that it's a pleasant experience going to a game in Philly though and that's even if you're a Philly fan.

maxsports

Reaction score
The new stadium is nothing like the Vet. Security is much tighter. Just expect to be harassed. The days of Cowboy fans getting beaten up in the bathrooms are gone.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy the board,

I've been to the Vet numerous times for Boy's/Eagle's games and Skin's/Eagle's games. Haven't made it to the Link yet.

Depending on your party size should affect the pre/postgame tailgating. I would not suggest hanging in the parkinglots to long if you don't have backup.

Inside it's cool, your normal verbal beatdown but as long as you don't throw gas on the fire your good to go. You will see alot of other Cowboy fans, so the verbal abuse should get well distributed.

Enjoy, goodluck and go Cowboys.

Dallyjake

Reaction score
I go every year. I choose to wear regular clothes but dont hide my cheers during the game. If this game is do or die it could get ugly. Philly fans have become pretty cocky since they rose from the dead this year. Lets hope Washington cancels Christmas for them this Sunday.

You will be called "awesome person...awesome person...awesome person" every where you walk.They chant this at every Cowboys fan that walks by. If your seats are down on the lower level or club box you will have no issues. If you sit in the top sections watch your back.

Breezy

Reaction score
Go every year as well. Just don't be a jerk and you'll be fine. You will get the verbal but hey that's what home field is all about. Linc is beautiful...great place to see a game...relax and enjoy yourself

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
If the last game comes down to either them making the playoffs and or keeping us out then it could get ugly. Especially if they lose. They will be drunk, PO and bitter. More than likely they will be looking for Cowboys fans. I would wear regular clothes.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
I went every time the Cowboys visited Philly when I was at Penn, which was between 2000-2004. (And I live in NY now, so now I just need to move to Washington...)

You'll typically be fine in the stands, although the closer you get to the field, the better you'll be. The one time I decided to get the cheapest seats I could find, I ended up covered in beer. That was the only time I had a problem.

In fact, my experience was that wearing the colors was more of a problem in sports bars in Philly than at the stadium itself. You will get harassed, you will get shouted at and it will be constant during the game ANY time anything goes well for the Eagles. But I've honestly never seen most fans get violent.

Now...if this is for the playoffs, all bets are off.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
I've never been but I would agree with some of the posters and say that you should wear regular clothes. Especially if this game has playoff implications for both teams.