Going to the well too much with CeeDee runs

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Lamb made some nice yardage on the first carry we gave him against the Giants, but it seems to me we're relying on his carries too much to produce an outside running game. The defense knows we're not going to run him up the middle, so the element of surprise gets lost, just like the defense knows our backs are primarily going to run between the tackles. I don't think we should run Lamb more than a couple of times a game and it mainly should come on end-arounds.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Lamb made some nice yardage on the first carry we gave him against the Giants, but it seems to me we're relying on his carries too much to produce an outside running game. The defense knows we're not going to run him up the middle, so the element of surprise gets lost, just like the defense knows our backs are primarily going to run between the tackles. I don't think we should run Lamb more than a couple of times a game and it mainly should come on end-arounds.
Use it as a decoy, then run your back the other way!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Last year I said that very thing but how different is it when you bring the change of pace back, most know what he can and cant do, and what not ?

However, why not use deuce Vaughn, Turpin and Cooks to get those misdirection, motion, or gimmick plays in?

literally, i more worried about CD getting hurt or wore down. no need for him to be our runner we have options to do so. It's like at some point when you take guys like Dez Bryant or miles Austin or now CD lamb off special teams at some point you gotta stop using them and this situation because they're making too much money and are too vital to your team to be risking them..

John813

Reaction score
Probably too complicated for Schott, but would be curious to see if they do any play action off his runs. Defense will probably start to bite on the outside runs with CDL.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Probably too complicated for Schott, but would be curious to see if they do any play action off his runs. Defense will probably start to bite on the outside runs with CDL.
Schottenheimer is not calling plays our offensive coordinators Mr. Mike McCarthy and he started doing these things after the San Francisco last year and somehow forgot he should have started the year doing the same thing so maybe he'll figure it out....

Praxit

Reaction score
..yep, that's a NO, NO. If they keep using him MAIN gunner. Chances go high on injury and loss of creativity from other players.

The more Im seeing of McCarthy, the worse I feel moving into the season. God help us..