Good job, Jerrah... Columbo's next...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
With all the trouble we had and how long it took us to find one, we need to get our RT signed up. We can't go into FA needing a RG and RT.

Give Coumbo his money.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Rack hows the Charger coming? you move into that spacious garage yet?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Rack;1384105 said:
With all the trouble we had and how long it took us to find one, we need to get our RT signed up. We can't go into FA needing a RG and RT.

Give Coumbo his money.

DOH! I forgot that Columbo is a FA, we need to get him locked down as well before we go shopping for a RG.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I dont think Columbo will cost a lot so it shouldn't be hard to get him re-upped.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Well I bet Columbo might go for more than you think, he showed last year that he's recovered, he played well at RT in the NFL as a starter, he was so much better than Petitti who the year before led the league in sacks and ugly plays, pay him because we need him an other teams will want him....

Woods

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1384133 said:
We need to find a starter........and sign Columbo to back him up

I think Colombo was pretty good as a "first year" starter, all things considering. And he should only get better, assuming he's over the injury bug.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score

why he did a good job last season?

sago1

Reaction score
He's about same age as Gurode and both could be cornerstones of our OL for years to come. Last year was first time either started at their positions and played their the whole year. I believe both do well but should also continue to improve as they got more comfortable at their jobs and we begin developing some stability on our OL. So we do need re-sign Colombo who stated before that he very grateful to the Cowboys for giving him this chance and that he wanted remain with the Cowboys. I think we should also give him a 5-6 year contract hopefully with incentives built in so that he continues to work hard at his job.

Hopefully Kosier also settles more into his LG position. Our remaining immediate weakness is at RG like we all know. Get Colombo signed and then move fast to sign best young FA OG we can get--hopefully Dielman or Steinbech or 1-2 of the other young improving OGs who can start and be an immediate upgrade over Riveria.

Then we need be assured we protected at LT position to either challenge Adams in 07 or after this year but also whose a good young OT this year in case either Adams or Colombo go done. If we sign our RG, we can draft an OT as BPA when our turn comes around.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Why wouldn't Leonard Davis be a good RT? He played well at guard before they moved him to LT. At LT, Davis probably doesn't have the feet and movement skills to play that well... but as a RT, it seems like he'd be perfect.

I don't know, but you just never see him mentioned as a RT prospect.

superpunk

Reaction score
AsthmaField;1384145 said:
Why wouldn't Leonard Davis be a good RT? He played well at guard before they moved him to LT. At LT, Davis probably doesn't have the feet and movement skills to play that well... but as a RT, it seems like he'd be perfect.

I don't know, but you just never see him mentioned as a RT prospect.

Since Leinart is a lefty, didn't that make Davis kind of a RT last year?

Either way I think he's just too slow as a T, or any sort of offensive lineman for this team.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Columbo should have been our first signing; he is first round talent come cheap because of injury and now has a baseline for his contract.

Angus

Reaction score

The grass is always greener . . . . :cool:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
superpunk;1384149 said:
Since Leinart is a lefty, didn't that make Davis kind of a RT last year?

Either way I think he's just too slow as a T, or any sort of offensive lineman for this team.

Well, you might be right about him being too slow.

As for him being a RT at LT because of the Left Handedness of the QB... he still was playing against the Dwight Freeny type RDE's of this league, which would be a problem. As a true RT, he wouldn't be going against most teams speed rushers. It would be the more powerful strongside DE's that he would be playing against at RT instead of LT.

Still, I haven't watched him enough to know, so you very well may be correct about him being too slow to play at any OL position.

Wasn't he on the all-rookie team at G when they drafted him though? I thought he played pretty well at G, and the main reason the Cards were letting him go was because he couldn't play LT and they were going to have to pay him LT money. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
BARRYRAY;1384128 said:
Well I bet Columbo might go for more than you think, he showed last year that he's recovered, he played well at RT in the NFL as a starter, he was so much better than Petitti who the year before led the league in sacks and ugly plays, pay him because we need him an other teams will want him....

i agree...hes not gonna come at clearance price by any means i dont think. He was arguably our best OL last year, and I'm sure front offices around the league noticed it. He's a first round pick who is just now over his early injuries

burmafrd

Reaction score
With another offseason to get stronger, and since this year just about doubled his playing experience level, he SHOULD bet better. SIGN HIM!!!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
the kid 05;1384110 said:
Rack hows the Charger coming? you move into that spacious garage yet?

Was just working in the garage earlier. Got myself a rolling toolbox earlier today and was setting it up. I have to do some rearranging and then get my air compressor setup going, then I'll be good to go. I'm setting up the compressor tomorrow.

Columbo is MORE then capable of being the starter. He was AT LEAST our second best linemen last season.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
bbgun;1384793 said:
Yes, by all means, let's overpay this one-year wonder too.

:confused: How does a 1 year player become a one year wonder minus the year to "wonder"? Free me of this vile thought process.