Good lads, this team stat amazed me!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys-team-summary-stats?category=rushing&season=2023

We are No. 11 in NFL rushing?
Seeing Pollard run into the defensive walls all season I would have guessed we were 20 or so.
Of course, sandwich eaters, it's a team stat and not reflective solely of Pollard.

Holla
11 in rushing yards.
3rd in rushing *attempts*.
16th in rushing ypc.

We get nice ypc out of Turpin and Lamb at 9.4 ypc, then 7.7 ypc rom Cooks.

Pollard is only 3.9ypc and half our rushing. The balance is about half Dowdle then a quarter everyone else.

Deuce has been miserable at 1.8ypc. He may be an NFL player, but he's not an NFL RB and we should stop playing him like one.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
11 in rushing yards.
3rd in rushing *attempts*.
16th in rushing ypc.

We get nice ypc out of Turpin and Lamb at 9.4 ypc, then 7.7 ypc rom Cooks.

Pollard is only 3.9ypc and half our rushing. The balance is about half Dowdle then a quarter everyone else.

Deuce has been miserable at 1.8ypc. He may be an NFL player, but he's not an NFL RB and we should stop playing him like one.
You seem OK by committee.
Something works cause we are in the upper one-third in the NFL.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think it just the way he's being used, which would be fine if the O-line gave him a chance.
Ya got me for a second there! Even though you'd told us you were using CC's avatar, my heart jumped when I saw it.
:(

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Context. I would venture a guess that most of Deuce’s carries came during garbage time, run out the clock, game over time.

Havic

Reaction score
Pollard still has the burst, problem has been the O-line not opening up running lanes. That changed last week but most of the season has been that way.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’d like to see Dak getting 4-5 designed runs per game…..it’s an effective weapon that was underutilized until the last few games.
His legs seem to make a massive difference.

They can’t be as conservative with that as I suspect they have wanted to be the last couple of seasons. Things seemed to have gotten a little too easy for teams not having to worry about him taking off.

I understand wanting to keep him healthy, but it’s a necessary part of his game.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You seem OK by committee.
Something works cause we are in the upper one-third in the NFL.
We seem smack dab in the middle, with everyone but Pollard and Deuce delivering. I'm generally more interested in YPC.

That everyone else is delivering, including Dowdle, makes me think that the problem is with Pollard and Deuce, or at least how they are used, and not the oline.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Pollard still has the burst, problem has been the O-line not opening up running lanes. That changed last week but most of the season has been that way.
To my eyes Pollard has lacked the burst and quickness he has had in prior years.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Context. I would venture a guess that most of Deuce’s carries came during garbage time, run out the clock, game over time.

I think that's true enough, but we're seeing that Deuce is the wrong player for that situation. He's not the player to grind out tough yards in a crowded box.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I think that's true enough, but we're seeing that Deuce is the wrong player for that situation. He's not the player to grind out tough yards in a crowded box.
Yes, Deuce is not that type of RB. He is a RB who gives defenses a scare in the open. Screens, passes in the flat, releasing from the backfield, and sweeps are where he would excel.