Good one for u guys & ladies, 53 roster, do we cut down to 52 or 51?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Since, we are playing Thursday night, before most other teams, and you have to get your roster down to 53 Sunday i think.

Should the Cowboys cut down to 52 or 51, if a really good player they like comes available, that way we can claim him on waivers.

I point to a guy like Coleman, I think Parcells still likes him, he can play safety and CB. He will to best of my knowledge go to 4 game suspension, I read somewhere you can put him on inactive or something for start of season.

That way if a really good guy Parcells knows and likes gets cut, then we can go get him.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Ok its hard enough cutting down to 53. Then you want to cut down to 52 or 51. Just in case there's someone out there that we want. come on now, make a little more sense

and two COleman has to be on an active 53 man roster to start his 4 game suspension which would mean cutting a young a player just so he can server his 4 games suspensoin

Champsheart

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
Since, we are playing Thursday night, before most other teams, and you have to get your roster down to 53 Sunday i think.

Should the Cowboys cut down to 52 or 51, if a really good player they like comes available, that way we can claim him on waivers.

I point to a guy like Coleman, I think Parcells still likes him, he can play safety and CB. He will to best of my knowledge go to 4 game suspension, I read somewhere you can put him on inactive or something for start of season.

That way if a really good guy Parcells knows and likes gets cut, then we can go get him.

Why the hell would you do that man.

If someone comes along you want just cut someone else. But dont cut someone if you dont have a replacement for his roster spot.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Thats not what someone posted, they said, since Coleman is going on NFL suspension for 4 weeks, you can put him on pup or something. I am just saying if a really good player, example, say a vet, like Larry Allen but someone else on a team that could help you.

Or say, someone like Mike Williams or Rogers WR from Detroit, wouldnt you want to claim one of those young WRs and not some other team?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
Thats not what someone posted, they said, since Coleman is going on NFL suspension for 4 weeks, you can put him on pup or something. I am just saying if a really good player, example, say a vet, like Larry Allen but someone else on a team that could help you.

Or say, someone like Mike Williams or Rogers WR from Detroit, wouldnt you want to claim one of those young WRs and not some other team?

One more time. Suspended players don't count. They never count.

Why on earth would be cut an extra player "just in case" -- we could simply cut that guy when a better player was available but not before. I mean would you really want to lose Ryan Fowler just in case we could get someone else?

Champsheart

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:

Dude, I dont think you get it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
and two COleman has to be on an active 53 man roster to start his 4 game suspension which would mean cutting a young a player just so he can server his 4 games suspensoin

No, that is not true. He goes on the suspended list.

The team is simply being nice to the guy -- if we cut him, he'd have to sign with another team and then complete the 4 game suspension -- realistically, that would end his career since anyone looking for FS help would need it immediately, not a month down the line.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
And first You cannot put any player on PUP after TC

second Mike Williams and Charles Rogers are not getting cut, the coach has already stated that. THe cap hit for them being cut is to big, so again why are we cutting GOOD players just in case someone comes along on the wavier wire. When if someone does come along on the waiver wire we can sign him, and then cut someone