Good Read! Giants fans on Dallas This Season

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Cowboys fans are euphoric (and sickening)
Originally posted by Spock from a Giants sports forum:

If I hear another word about how the Cowboys improved themselves this offseason, I'm going to puke.

I've spent the weekend with Cowboy fans and if you listen to them, their only concern is OL, and even that is marginal with the return of The Hotel and the pick up of Fabini. Everything else is rock solid - especially the defense.

They especially love Ware, Canty, Spears, and of course, Mr. Carpenter. They think their front 7 will create havoc for DC's and of course they feel they have 2-3 Pro Bowlers in the secondary with Williams, Henry, and Neumann. They also think they stole Carpenter from us, which is probably not to far from the truth if he was available.

However, unlike their great secondary, or so I am told, they seem to think our secondary will be our downfall and teams will pass on us at will. They laughed at me when I told them Cory Webster will probably be covering TO. Of course I reminded them most teams won't have that much time to pass downfield with the pressure coming from our front 7.

Anyhow, it's bad enough my neighbor is a Cowboy diehard! What is this world coming to? "How 'bout them Cowboys?" YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

burmafrd

Reaction score
Their secondary is toast if there is not quick pressure on the QB. That is a fact- that is the way it is with most secondaries. Of course having TO, GLenn and Witten just makes it more important. We will see how the O line does- that is the key.

genghiskhan

Reaction score
THAT'S a good read?

I guess if I know nothing about football and read at about a first grade level, maybe.

lzppjb

Reaction score
I have a friend that is a Giants fan and he agrees that their secondary sucks and will get toasted. He believes their games will be shootouts.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Sounds pretty damn accurate to me.

Jealousy is an ugly thing.

NY is a freakin joke.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
genghiskhan said:
THAT'S a good read?

I guess if I know nothing about football and read at about a first grade level, maybe.

lmao.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
of course they feel they have 2-3 Pro Bowlers in the secondary with Williams, Henry, and Neumann.

Dude we got that Swedish golfer in our secondary?? AWESOME!!;)

MONT17

Reaction score
the Gmen can put heavy pressure on the QB with a 3 man rush... add the first round pick and LAVAR I want stats ARRINGTON and they will get to the QB consistantly without elaborate blitzing!!!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't the Giants sign a few FA DB's that should improve their secondary. Not by much, but better than last year. I still think we and the Commanders can be pass happy against them. Maybe even McNabb if he had some WR's.

No one on their current roster will be able to cover TO or TG because they will need to double one of them. Leaving single coverage on the other, plus Witten & Fasano. Arrington won't be able to help them in coverage on our 2 TE's, plus JJ or MB coming out of the backfield. (yeah, I know this has been said a million times already, but I like it!) :)

Can't wait to see Bledsoe light em' up. (an icon of a QB pass to a WR would be great here)