Goodfella's

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
That's all I could think about now. That last scene in "Goodfella's", when Ray Liotta comes out in his rob on the front porch, picks up the paper, and says "Now I'm just another PUTZ. Just another Joe-Blow, another "nobody".

I love the Cowboys. I'm thinking 13-3, and if one of those 3 loss's is the Pats, that's fine. The world ain't coming to an end. But Dallas missed the chance at being that elite, special team that separate themselves from the crowd.
They showed up and gave a good accounting of themselves. Definitely going to the playoffs. Home field advantage throughout, and that first week off is going to be REQUIRED to get to the SB in the NFC.
But being a "lifer" for 40 years, this isn't good enough. I'm not comfortable enough yet. Last year, we had a two game lead in the NFC East in November and lost it. We had to struggle to get a wild-card game on the road, and proceed to blow that to Silly Seattle. I believe, but won't sleep well until it's settled. This game would've "settled" it for me, but of course we're left at the alter.
No, the "elite" and "always favored to win" label isn't there yet. We gotta go to Philly. We gotta go to Washington. We gotta go to Detroit, Carolina and NY. Somewhere in there are the other two loss's.....maybe three.

Not getting down on my 'Boys. Still love 'em. Just a little disappointed because we could've cemented a place in 2007 NFL History today, but didn't. Dallas has to start DOMINATING again right now and back on track after the last two games.....................

hendog

Reaction score
No didn't cement ourselves in 2007 history, but this team is a far cry from back to back to back 5-11 seasons just a few years ago. And thats when the pats were winning Super Bowls.

Add in that we are one of the youngest teams in the nfl with a new HC, OC, DC. We are on our way. Tonite wasn't our nite but we are getting there.

That and the fact that we are still the Dallas Cowboys and we still GET EVERY TEAMS BEST EFFORT WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT. EVEN THE MIGHTY NE PATS.

You tell me another team that every week every team plays their heart wrenching ever lasting guts out to beat. No one but us thats whom. We get every teams best effort every week and that's the way we like it.

utrunner07

Reaction score
at Detroit, carolina and Philly don't scare me in the least....there is no one left on the schedual that we won't be the favorites against (at least the way the team is now). I agree with everything elses your saying though. Good post. I think the only thing thats frustrating about the game today is that we saw glimpses of what our potential is on both sides of the ball and just couldnt get those glimpses to stick around...but thats a sign of a young team on the way up...those glimpses should stick around longer and longer as the season progress...here is to 14-2... and homefield throughout and a rematch in Arizona when those glimpses will be there all game!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Please remember, this is still a very young team. We went up against a seasoned, experience, Super Bowl-winning team. Nothing to be ashamed of.