Got it right on Daks contract

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So many fans got it all wrong that we’d either let Dak walk or make him play for another contract.

I was one who maintained since at least March that we’d get him signed by beginning of season or he was gone . It came down a little closer than I expected but nevertheless it was done before the season begun.

And the reason I argued it was delayed so long is Jethro was playing against public perception after the embarrassing playoff loss knowing he’d have to pay him more than the other QB’s this offseason . Which he’d of been heavily bashed for .

By waiting until the last minute the heat was taken off of him. As much as I’m a critic of Jethro I’d argue he played this one right if his intent was to resign him all along which I’ve argued he had.

I’m surprised more fans didn’t see this. They became so focused on the fact we hadn’t signed him. Surely most of these fans just wanted Dak gone so badly they were just hoping for. The longer we went from resigning him the more apt we wouldn’t .

I’ve always been more in the middle on Dak. He’s not great but good enough to continue trying to build around . Not a Hater or a Homer. I’d like to see us draft and develop a heir apparent . But I do pride myself on reading our owners intentions and having keen instincts anticipating his actions.