Grade our draft now the season is over

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
( tired of Dak threads and need a subject change)

Taco C+

Chido B+
Jourdan L C
Ryan S C+
Woods. C+

The rest... C

Woods came in as a Safety and eventually took over the slot CB position. How can he be rated the same as Switzer?

Awuzie: A (I'm not holding the injury against him.)

Lewis: 3rd round rookie became a starter despite missing training camp.

Switzer: C+

Taco: C+

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Awuzie: B+
Lewis: B
Switzer: C
Taco: C
Woods: C+

I would say a B- which IMO is very good.

I really like the potential of the youngsters and they only got better as the season went on. On a side note I’d give Jaylon: a C- he struggled a lot which should be expected, but he did flash a few times this year.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Taco: C+
I’m not as concerned about him as others. I think he needs to dedicate himself to the weight room this offseason and work on expanding his arsenal of moves. He flashed in the run game and on backside pursuit. If he becomes nothing more than a solid 6-8 sack guy I’d be content.

Chido: B
Injury concerns aside, when he was on the field I thought he showed instincts, a willingness to tackle (a biggie in my book) and anticipation. I think his future is bright.

J. Lewis: B
I’m pleased with Lewis’ development and the way he battled all year. Contrary to where a lot of people project him, I think his best spot would be taking over for Scandrick in the slot.

Switzer: C+
Didn’t impact the return game like I anticipated, which was a shocker. He needs to learn at this level you can’t dance around waiting a lane to open; you’ve got to get the ball and go. I think he has potential to develop into a better YAC guy in the slot than Beasley, but it remains to be seen if the Cowboys will find a way to stifle his development as a wideout.

Xavier Woods: B-
Thought he showed flashes to warrant additional snaps. Good instincts and seems to be one of those guys that’s gonna stick around the league for awhile. I like his versatility. Needs to improve on his open field tackling.

Noah Brown: B
I don’t dislike Brown by any means but don’t understand the incessant infatuation by some with him. To me, he needs to lean up a bit; he’s a bigger than usual guy at the position but he looks too thick. Reminds me a bit of Arrelious Benns out of Illinois a few years ago. Good developmental prospect for us.

erod

Reaction score
The defensive backs look promising. A for that group.

The rest.....meh or worse.