Gratuitous Jake Ferguson tweet that gives insight into his game day mind set

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Love Fergy, and have since before we drafted him… but it was TE coach Lunda Wells who put those pics there.
Yeah, with him I was on board ever since he played his first game. Not saying he'll grow into a top 5 TE but he'll grow into a top 5 TE someday lol.

Plays it like a pro with a mean attitude, that's what you need in football.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeah, with him I was on board ever since he played his first game. Not saying he'll grow into a top 5 TE but he'll grow into a top 5 TE someday lol.

Plays it like a pro with a mean attitude, that's what you need in football.
His attitude and on-field demeanor is exactly what you need on your team, IMO. I love it.

I noticed before the 2022 draft that Ferguson was money at Wisconsin making contested catches. His college tape showed him constantly catching balls even with the defender hanging all over him. It was something that I really liked about him and something that he was better at than any other TE (or WR) in that draft.

It is really nice to see it continue in the NFL because the windows are smaller in the pro’s. If Jake can get his hands on it, he almost always will catch it.

I saw some attitude at Wisconsin too… but nothing really indicating just how aggressive and alpha dog he is showing in Dallas. It really adds something big to the mindset of the team (and the offense in particular). It is really good for the team.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
I’m about to say something really controversial - give me Ferguson over Jason Witten any day. I know, Witten is an all-time great, and Ferguson is young. But there’s something about this guy. His toughness, the way he fights for yards after the catch, the way he motivates his teammates, I think he’s going to be great.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The sport of football is actually controlled violence.

Totally enjoying the violence Jake Ferguson is displaying on the field!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For additional inspiration, he should include Jamal Adam's photo.

And, while we're adding photos, someone post a picture of a Bills WR saying Gilmore is old.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Fergy has gone full heel, and it's working. I suggest the rest of the team take the same approach if we are to ever see another Lombardi. Stop worrying about optics and play to win. Humiliate the opposition in the process & keep the media silent waiting for a shoe to drop that one day will not.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
When we lost Shultz many in here were crying. I knew we had enough TE's in here to get the job done. At least equal with what Shultz brought to the table.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
What a find. I was a dummy that wanted everyone but Ferguson in that draft.

:facepalm:

The guy has been amazing. And I’ve seen even more potential big plays for him that were missed, so his numbers could have been even better.
I loved the pick. Son of a great coach, productive, refined, tough, but the athleticism that showed up on tape didn't translate to his combine performance. How was he going to fare when he wasn't one of the most athletic guys on the field? Where was his ceiling? Suffice to say the kid blew that stigma out of the water.

He's rapidly developing into an emotional leader of that offense. His on-field performance is inspiring to those around him and you can see how they feed on his energy after a big play. I'm really excited to see how he develops moving forward. My guess is top 3-5 at his position or better. Such a good pick!