Video: Great Cowboy memory

dckid

Reaction score

What a great game. Let’s stop all this talk about Dak, Elliot, etc.
Juat watching the highlights of this game show how great and innovative Jimmy Johnson and company were. I remember this game like it was yesterday I was in 10th grade.
Going for it on 4th down instead of FG or pooch punting, onside kick. Troy and Beurlein were slinging the ball. Emmit running draws, delays, sweeps. Irvin dominating Green. The Hail Mary, and of course ending the Skins undefeated season.
How sweet is was.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Juat watching the highlights of this game show how great and innovative Jimmy Johnson and company were. I remember this game like it was yesterday I was in 10th grade.
Going for it on 4th down instead of FG or pooch punting, onside kick. Troy and Beurlein were slinging the ball. Emmit running draws, delays, sweeps. Irvin dominating Green. The Hail Mary, and of course ending the Skins undefeated season.
How sweet is was.

That was fun to watch. Thanks for posting it!

dckid

Reaction score
you felt the bubbling up of a dynasty that year
Yeah I remember that game so vividly. That was an amazing team. A backup QB took that team to a playoff win against the Bears. Year later Beurlein took the Panthers to a champion game.
I really thought they could have challenged the Skins in the playoffs. We should have beaten them in the first game in Dallas the Cowboys had a lead but Emmitt got dehydrated and had to sit out the second half.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

How sweet is was.

Awesome. Wasn't this the "400 lb gorilla" game?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I probably have that entire game on VHS, as I do have maybe 80% of all the wins from the SB years, and some after.
I think the only loss I have is Emmitt's rushing record loss to Seattle.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those were the years. I have not had confidence since then, when they took the field, you felt they would win.
With Garrett, I never felt that way, what a waste of years and talent.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah I remember that game so vividly. That was an amazing team. A backup QB took that team to a playoff win against the Bears. Year later Beurlein took the Panthers to a champion game.
I really thought they could have challenged the Skins in the playoffs. We should have beaten them in the first game in Dallas the Cowboys had a lead but Emmitt got dehydrated and had to sit out the second half.
the great emmitt smith tapped out for an entire game..shame on zeke for tapping out one play a game..shame!!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I remember watching that game at a sports bar with a friend who was a skins fan. I remember him telling me he see's the beginning of a dynasty for us, even though he was still cocky and thought it was a fluke win for us...lol

Flamma

Reaction score
11-5

We lost to the Lions in the playoffs. That was the Lions last playoff win.

For whatever reason that Lions team was crazy good at home. 9 games in Detroit and 9 wins that season. But as good as Barry Sanders was, he could be a liability at times. The Lions had to play from the spread formation and against stacked defenses like the Commanders, they got crushed.