Video: Great Dez interview

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score
dezbryant.com/latest-news/dez-bryant-goes-1-on-1-with-fox-sports-1s-charissa-thompson-after-giants-win/

Last edited:

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Watched the Giants game with a Chinese friend of mine. It was the first time she had ever seen a game of football. Yet in the 3rd quarter she turned to me and said "Wow. #88 is really good, isn't he?" So even to an absolute amateur, the very definition of the untrained eye, Dez's skill is clear. The man is a beast of a receiver.

visionary

Reaction score
This guy is night and day more mature than when he got here. For this the credit clearly should go to him but also to Garrett and Jerry. He could easily have gone the other way like that guy who was drafted by the jaguars.

Jenky

Reaction score

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
This guy is night and day more mature than when he got here. For this the credit clearly should go to him but also to Garrett and Jerry. He could easily have gone the other way like that guy who was drafted by the jaguars.

You are correct, vis.

Now how about changing those statements at the end of your posts about Jerry, Steven, and Jason?

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Who would have thought 4 years ago this guy would develop into one the true leaders of this team today.

One key thing that he mentioned that really hits home is that he wasn't used of the structure. Structure can mean alot of different things to different people, but we all need some form of it. He embraced it where, alot of these guys that are having problems just don't want to or just cant.

It would be the crime of the century if Dez doesn't get re-signed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This was back in 2012:
For the first time, there is a positive and unique change in the mentorship of Dez Bryant: The player sought out the help himself. And the person he’s approached is former Dallas tight end Jay Novacek.

“We’ve talked, yes,’’ Novacek coyly tells 105.3 The Fan. “I’m certainly available to Dez if he needs me.’’
Sources tell me that Bryant approached Novacek when the five-time Pro Bowler visited the team’s Oxnard, Calif., camp and said, “How did you do what you did? Can you show me how you did what you did?’’
Said a source: “It seems like a weird choice. But at the same time, it’s a wonderful choice.’’
Novacek doesn’t want Dez’ money, doesn’t want Dez to sign with an agent crony, doesn’t want Dez to hook up with a certain sports apparel company. Novacek – who during his years as a three-time Super Bowl winner marched to the beat of his own drummer but always did so within the boundaries of team rules and the law – has no ulterior motives here except to grant Bryant’s unorthodox request.
When Coach Jason Garrett says “Dez is maturing as a football player and as a person,’’ this is the sort of sound decision he’s talking about.
It is unorthodox, of course, for reasons that are obvious: Novacek, who will be 50 in October, is old-school. He drives a truck. He rides cutting horses. He’s from Nebraska. He’s a family man. He’s quiet. He wears a Stetson. Oh, and he’s white. Suffice to say, Novacek has never spent $800,000 on a jewelry shopping spree, has never been in conflict with mall security over baggy pants and has never been told by Cowboys owner Jerry Jones that there is an airplane ticket home waiting for him if he doesn’t get in line.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/08/23/dez-chooses-novacek-as-mentor/

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One of those influences is former Cowboys tight end Jay Novacek.
“I don’t know if I’ve ever been around a player who just simply wants to play the game of football like Dez does,’’ Novacek said. “You know, Michael (Irvin) had an unbelievable desire to win. I think that’s what put Michael ahead of everyone else, just that unbelievable desire to win at all costs when he was out there performing.
“I think Dez has that heart of, ‘I want to play this game every day of my life.’’’

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...at-plagued-him-in-the-past-are-gone-now.html/

visionary

Reaction score
You are correct, vis.

Now how about changing those statements at the end of your posts about Jerry, Steven, and Jason?

A couple of good decisions don't trump a decade and a half of poor football management

Let's see how we do the rest of the season, in the playoffs, then it might be time

Take linehan away and we can revert very quickly to a pass happy offense under Garrett. The defense is less than average and playing way over its head and a really good team can expose us as they study tape for our tendencies

Cautious optimism is how I would characterize my feelings currently

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
A couple of good decisions don't trump a decade and a half of poor football management

Let's see how we do the rest of the season, in the playoffs, then it might be time

Take linehan away and we can revert very quickly to a pass happy offense under Garrett. The defense is less than average and playing way over its head and a really good team can expose us as they study tape for our tendencies

Cautious optimism is how I would characterize my feelings currently

Sounds good.