Great Job Jerry!

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
What’s up guys,

Even though I have been a member of this board for 4 or 5 years, I don’t post much. I just set back and read everyone’s opinions to feed my Cowboys cravings.

Well, here is a rare opinion and post of mine……..

Why are so many people having a problem with Jerry hiring Jason and retaining Tony before he hired a headcoach? Everyone has stated how much of an up and comer Jason is. Jerry and Bill had him targeted to get him on staff before Bill bolted. Bill kept his staff hanging while coaching jobs were being filled around the league, so when he left they all naturally ran to take what was left, leaving the new coach to find a staff.

The G.M. of the Dallas Cowboys, knowing that immediately after he hires a new head coach he would have to help that coach put a staff together. All the leg work was probably already done on Jason and if we did sign him, someone was. So Jerry scooped him up. The same thing can be said about Tony Sparano. He is also an up and comer and teams wanted him, so Jerry holds on to him knowing that they had to help build a new staff. This guy called the plays for a pretty good offense year despite Bill.

While interviewing potential head coaches, the staffing needs had to be discussed and what head coach that has to but a staff together this late in the process, would not want to hire both of them?

GREAT JOB JERRY!

Aikbach

Reaction score
PhillyCowboysFan;1373336 said:
What’s up guys,

Even though I have been a member of this board for 4 or 5 years.

GREAT JOB JERRY!
I respect that opinion and agree with it in many ways but let's not pretend you've been here for 5 years when you will only have been here for 2 1/2 come May.

:laugh2:

Ratmatt

Reaction score
Aikbach;1373377 said:
I respect that opinion and agree with it in many ways but let's not pretend you've been here for 5 years when you will only have been here for 2 1/2 come May.

:laugh2:
Does it really matter how long he's been here.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Ratmatt;1373385 said:
Does it really matter how long he's been here.

Well he did say he has been a member for 4-5 yearts.

I think that is called lying.

Most people dont appreciate that.

DizzG

Reaction score
how long as this board been up?

some people dont always keep the same screen name

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
smarta5150;1373409 said:
Well he did say he has been a member for 4-5 yearts.

I think that is called lying.

Most people dont appreciate that.

He probably came over from the old zone address.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Jarv;1373485 said:
He probably came over from the old zone address.

Bingo.................

Why all the fuss over my stated length of membership? A couple of years ago all members had to re-register, all old members will remember this and you will notice a lot of people with the same registration date. Or maybe I am cunfused with my membership from anothr board, anyway my post was about my opinion of Jerry’s job of hiring assistant coaches.

This is one of the reasons I don't post much, the childish responses and petty arguments are annoying.

Peace out!

31hammer

Reaction score
PhillyCowboysFan;1374003 said:
Bingo.................

Why all the fuss over my stated length of membership? A couple of years ago all members had to re-register, all old members will remember this and you will notice a lot of people with the same registration date. Or maybe I am cunfused with my membership from anothr board, anyway my post was about my opinion of Jerry’s job of hiring assistant coaches.

This is one of the reasons I don't post much, the childish responses and petty arguments are annoying.

Peace out!

Amen brother

Aikbach

Reaction score
PhillyCowboysFan;1374003 said:
Bingo.................

Peace out!
I wasn't accusing you of anything but maybe an exaggeration and it was done in jest, perhaps others went further with it but not I.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Aikbach;1374021 said:
I wasn't accusing you of anything but maybe an exaggeration and it was done in jest, perhaps others went further with it but not I.

No harm, no foul brother........

"Go Boys"

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
While I am not personally impressed with Sparano I do understand that Jerry kept him for the very reasons that you state. Even though I don't think he did all that good of a job with the O-line since he has taken it over I thought the play calling was done pretty well. At least as well as it could be done with Parcells interferring with everthing and keeping anyone from getting creative or inovative.

I am all on board with signing Jason Garrett who I have followed since his days with the Cowboys as a backup. I think he will make a great OC (or whatever title the decide to give him) for us. He will do a fine job and I fully expect our Offense to be more productive this year than last...at least more productive come crunch time when it counts the most.

So I have to agree...Good Job Jerry!