Great move Pete Hunter... idiot

keds

Reaction score
Pete Hunter could have been a starting free safety on a potentially great up- and-coming defense with us. With the Ty Law signing he's back to backup cornerback on a new team having to get familiar with new players, new scheme and new coaches. He got nowhere with this move...

We took the chance to bring him along. He proved nothing to no one up to this year yet felt slighted by the Henry signing. Hunter could have made himself look really good and had a lot of fun this year playing alongside three very good players in Roy, Terence and Anthony. Maybe he would not have broken the bank but I'm sure Jerry would have rewarded him if he filled the void at free safety.

Eddie

Reaction score
Why do you think Hunter would be starting at FS for us? Was there something in his play which inspired this? I didn't see anything which suggested he'd be our starting FS.

Please enlighten us.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Please hunter was going to be the 4th CB on our team, and wasnt gonna make it as a FS at all, instead he's the 3 CB on there team and most likely will come in and play nickel, now you tell me,

would you rather stay at the postion you know and be in a nickel situation, or try and move to a new postion that doesnt grantee you starting/ be a 4th CB used sparingly

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
hunter got what he wanted - which was "outta here".

what did he ever do for the Cowboys?

bye-bye Pete.

gee we'll miss you.

buh-bye...

Pete who?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree. I think Hunter is still in the mix in NY.

Consider, the Jets may have just signed Law at CB but Mickens was just release. This is a guy who was figured to man the other CB spot. Abraham retired earlier and in addition, S Derek Pagel and CB Rosie Williams were also cut.

Hunter may not be penciled in as a starter but he's not in a bad position, considering he's still on the team while guys with more experience in that defense have already been released. I got a feeling Edwards likes Ralphie just a little bit. Lets see what happens.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Did Law pass his physical yet???????????????

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I was listening to the Fan in NY the other day when Mike Francesa was interviewing Herm Edwards. Herm was speaking highly of the possibilities w/ Hunter. Francesa in turn pretty much told Herm that he watched many Dallas Cowboys games and that Hunter was part of a terrible secondary.

Kilyin

Reaction score
You dont need to pass a physical to play for good ole Hermie, just ask Pennington.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
dmq said:
I was listening to the Fan in NY the other day when Mike Francesa was interviewing Herm Edwards. Herm was speaking highly of the possibilities w/ Hunter. Francesa in turn pretty much told Herm that he watched many Dallas Cowboys games and that Hunter was part of a terrible secondary.

And Hunter couldn't even crack the starting lineup in that "terrible" secondary until last year, and responded with a season ending injury. :rolleyes:

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
Again with the "Hunter for FS" bullchit. It wasn't gonna happen! Never had a chance...