Great running backs rarely do anything against us... ever

parchy

Reaction score
I was thinking back on this, and when we line up against really good running backs, its rare that they blow up on us. Our run defense has been consistently good for years now.

Thinking of the guys our D has absolutely shut down in the past few years, it looks like Shaun Alexander (when he was top), LT, Westbrook, Peterson did little on us this year... the only elite RB I ever remember seeing just ram it down our throat successfully for four quarters in the last few years is Larry Johnson.

I know this D is porous at times against the pass and will give up the odd big game on the ground, but this has been a stout D up front for a long time now. Thank Parcells for beefing us up, I guess.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
parchy;1744980 said:
I was thinking back on this, and when we line up against really good running backs, its rare that they blow up on us. Our run defense has been consistently good for years now.

Thinking of the guys our D has absolutely shut down in the past few years, it looks like Shaun Alexander (when he was top), LT, Westbrook, Peterson did little on us this year... the only elite RB I ever remember seeing just ram it down our throat successfully for four quarters in the last few years is Larry Johnson.

I know this D is porous at times against the pass and will give up the odd big game on the ground, but this has been a stout D up front for a long time now. Thank Parcells for beefing us up, I guess.

Very true. We started off soft on the run, but overall had a pretty good defensive game. I'm very pleased

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
it seems like ages since '00 when we allowed not 1, not 2, but 3, 200 yard rushers