Green Bay is a Fraud!

dooomsday

Reaction score
:lmao:

No, What do you think? Good D. Decent WRs. No running game.

They can easily be beat.

I am not thinking the are quite as good as the 7-1 record.

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
They are flawed, yes-but they continue to get the job done.

Playing in back-back AFC road games isn't easy, but they got by.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dooomsday;1743186 said:
:lmao:

No, What do you think? Good D. Decent WRs. No running game.

They can easily be beat.

I am not thinking the are quite as good as the 7-1 record.

What I say today in KC today told me they were the best team in the nfc. They have beat some good teams, they have won on the road, they are 3-0 in the nfc east....

I hate to say it, but they are the best team in the nfc. We are going to have to beat them, and hopefully keep pace with them until we play them.

SacredStar

Reaction score
They are a team of big plays.

Whether it's on offense or defense, they come up with big plays at crucial times.

I wish Dallas would have those big pass plays that the Packers come up with. Those big bombs by Favre have sunk many a team thus far this season. Their receivers are on fire after the catch.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
If we win tonight, then we have the same record. I'd say that if there are the Colts & the Pats in the AFC, then it is the Boys and the Pack in the NFC.

Aikbach

Reaction score
They remind me of the 1996 Commanders, a team that started 7-1 and finished 2-6 for a grand finish of 9-7.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think they are the best team in the NFC, but they are a very formidable team. Their WRs are growing up before our eyes. Started out the year with Donald Driver and who? Now, Jennings is stepping up.

And as long as they can manufacture a running game out of a bunch of scrubs, then they'll get by. As a team, they ran for 78 yards today. Not great, but that's enough to back teams off Favre.

I was watching the game earlier and Aikman commented that the game between Dallas and Green Bay would be the next Game of the Year.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1743236 said:
I don't think they are the best team in the NFC, but they are a very formidable team. Their WRs are growing up before our eyes. Started out the year with Donald Driver and who? Now, Jennings is stepping up.

And as long as they can manufacture a running game out of a bunch of scrubs, then they'll get by. As a team, they ran for 78 yards today. Not great, but that's enough to back teams off Favre.

That is a pretty good group on defense they beat today.

I am more impressed each week with Green Bay, they are getting better. There defense is terrific, they are all over the field, they have excellent corners and two legitimate pass rushers.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;1743241 said:
That is a pretty good group on defense they beat today.

I am more impressed each week with Green Bay, they are getting better. There defense is terrific, they are all over the field, they have excellent corners and two legitimate pass rushers.
Are you counting Al Harris as one of their excellent corners? He got beat like a drum today. I've always thought he was overrated, even when he was in Philly.

As a unit, I think Green Bay's defense is pretty solid, but individually they've got some players who can be had.

SacredStar

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1743236 said:
I was watching the game earlier and Aikman commented that the game between Dallas and Green Bay would be the next Game of the Year.

He could be right. The way Favre has been playing, he should easily shred our secondary.

He's torn apart every secondary he has faced this year, and he has faced some very good corners.

Their offensive line is excellant at pass blocking (or holding) and Favre rarely is under any pressure. That seam/slant pass has been killing defenses all season....and there really is no way to stop it. What's worse is that Favre is an expert at it.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
They have a very solid team but i really doubt they will maintain their record by the time the weather starts gettin bad which is gettin close. their lack of running game and being very young and having an old QB will hurt them in December

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
theebs;1743219 said:
What I say today in KC today told me they were the best team in the nfc. They have beat some good teams, they have won on the road, they are 3-0 in the nfc east....

I hate to say it, but they are the best team in the nfc. We are going to have to beat them, and hopefully keep pace with them until we play them.
I wouldn't so easily discount the Cowboys.

Aikbach

Reaction score
SacredStar;1743254 said:
He could be right. The way Favre has been playing, he should easily shred our secondary.

He's torn apart every secondary he has faced this year, and he has faced some very good corners.

Their offensive line is excellant at pass blocking (or holding) and Favre rarely is under any pressure. That seam/slant pass has been killing defenses all season....and there really is no way to stop it. What's worse is that Favre is an expert at it.
Come on man, this is a team that barely beat Washington at home, lost to the Bears at home, relied on good breaks and Bronco mistakes to win in OT and just beat the quarterbackless chiefs, plus Favre has never won at Texas Stadium, ever.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
I live in wisconsin and have watched all there games. Get pressure on favre, he will through off his back foot and toss interceptions. there run game is lacking, big time. Greg jennings, driver, james jones and donald lee are good wr corps. We can get pressure over there oline. There d is decent, safetiees are bad. Harris is pretty good, but he gets beat enough. Witten can run all over there safeties and popinga. Hawk and barnett are atheletic. Kgb and kampman can get pressure. We will beat this team.

SacredStar

Reaction score
Aikbach;1743263 said:
Come on man, this is a team that barely beat Washington at home, lost to the Bears at home, relied on good breaks and Bronco mistakes to win in OT and just beat the quarterbackless chiefs, plus Favre has never won at Texas Stadium, ever.

I know......they have been winning by the skin of their teeth.

But that is what is so scary about this team.....everything is going their way.

Take away their big plays and they are 1-7 with their only sound game coming against the Giants. But they continue to manufacture big plays for wins.

I hope their luck runs out, but they seem like a team of destiny right now, the chips are falling their way.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
I think they have an easy road to homefield. If they get that, might be tough to beat.

SacredStar

Reaction score
My neighbor....a die hard Packer fan, just told me the Packers are pulling horseshoes out their ***.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
windward;1743259 said:
I wouldn't so easily discount the Cowboys.

Show me where I discounted the cowboys. Dont get your cowboys pajamas all in a bunch.

Its the first week of november and gb has an impressive defense, a veteran qb and a very good offensive line. They have won big games at home and big games on the road. They are 3-0 against the nfc east. They have proven to be the better team so far.

Now if we blow out the eagles tonight then we are exactly the same. Long way to go and I cant wait until we get them here, but right now you have to view it impartially and see the packers as a very good football team.