Greg Cosell on Cowboys Fox Radio...*WOW*

superpunk

Reaction score
Greg Cosell is an NFL films guy with access to the All-22's. He's on weekly on Steve Czaban's show.

Steve started by telling him some people have already coined our offense the WOW offense - Witten, Owens, Williams. Thought that was clever.

Asked Greg about what Brad Johnson could do. Cosell said he doesn't throw downfield. Charted games in preseason and Johnson went more than 10 yards downsfield maybe 5 times? Said Johnson will get the ball out in rythm, but you're limited with him like you would be with Chad Pennington. When it comes to making that 15 yard pass in the middle of the field where you've really got to stick it, Brad just can't do it.

Also said that he views Roy Williams as a top 5 receiver in the league, when it comes to talent. But, that he only plays that way 30-40% of the time.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If we committ penalties with Brad Johnson we are screwed.

Romo will be missed for a lot of things. But bailing this team out of bad situations will be the most missed.

joseephuss

Reaction score
superpunk;2341644 said:
Also said that he views Roy Williams as a top 5 receiver in the league, when it comes to talent. But, that he only plays that way 30-40% of the time.

That would be 30% to 40% more than what Dallas has now. I like Hurd, Austin and Crayton, but they aren't top 5 receivers in the league.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Okay, I never saw that before. I like it.

Witten
Owens
Williams

Nav22

Reaction score
Roy said all the right things on the radio regarding learning from T.O. It would be great if he picked up T.O.'s work ethic/desire.

superpunk

Reaction score
Nav22;2341670 said:
Roy said all the right things on the radio regarding learning from T.O. It would be great if he picked up T.O.'s work ethic/desire.
That's a good point.

If anyone's going to get in his *** and help him find that potential it's TO and Ray Sherman.

dest

Reaction score
They're going to get in his ***? I'd rather them get in his head myself.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
superpunk;2341644 said:

I think someone menchined it earlier, but it is true. This sounds ALOT like the knock on Leonard Davis before we brought him in.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
As long as Brad plays within the system and doesn't try to do to much, which being the Veteran he is shouldn't be a problem we should be OK for 3 games. I don't mind seeing more Slants, Screens and a return to the power running game.

jimmy40

Reaction score
superpunk;2341644 said:

He's a Longhorn so he sucks. We get it.

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
NO!

Don't you guys see how this could be detrimental to the team?

If Owens name isn't first, he's going to boil, stew, stoil, bew, and explode on the team!!!!!!!!!!

Therefore, we have to call it the OWW offense.

Owens
Witten
Williams.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
During the offseason, Jerry mentioned adding a "wow player".

Given the addition of Roy Williams, I think the Cowboys have that.

But listening to Jerry comment that he'd been trying to get Roy for two years, maybe that "wow player" was Williams specifically.

With Witten, Owens, and Williams, the Cowboys now have a WOW offense.

Could Jerry have been using that term on purpose, envisioning this group?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't know if he used that because of the group but the fact that he said that they've been trying pretty hard for a couple of years to get him tells you how much he really wanted to have this guy in Dallas.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
What about Owens, Witten, and Williams. Then we have an OWW offense. Meaning, oww! the other team just got hurt by our offensive firepower.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sacowboysfan513;2341961 said:
What about Owens, Witten, and Williams. Then we have an OWW offense. Meaning, oww! the other team just got hurt by our offensive firepower.
:lmao: