Greg ellis safe?!

Taz

Reaction score
Seems on thses forums i was always hearing about parcells wanting to realease/trade greg ellis and I was always againt that. Now with Parcells gone and wade in does that mean greg is safe and will stay a cowboy

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Ellis would appear safe to me at this point.

He was playing very good football prior to his injury, and if he returns healthy, than even as just a rotational player, he would still be an impact player.

LittleRed212

Reaction score
Ellis is most definitely staying.

Great defensive leader for us. His injury is when our defense fell apart - that was not just a coincedence.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Lets not worry about him being back...lets worry that he'll recover 100%

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I do not think ellis will be back playing OLB. He might be able to be in the rotation at DE, depending on his contract.

SteamedSoup

Reaction score
Parcells didn't want to get rid of him. Ellis whined to try and force a trade/release, and Parcells wouldn't go for it. He knew better than to get rid of arguably our best (or certainly 2nd best) pass rusher.

I don't know what Phillips will do, though. Probably depends on what his recovery looks like a few more months down the line.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I hope he returns, great guy. I hope his injury is %100, and in the interviews he seems excited, so hopefully rehab is going good.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;1372622 said:
I hope he returns, great guy. I hope his injury is %100, and in the interviews he seems excited, so hopefully rehab is going good.

You should be studying plays, and SATs.

The % sign goes after the number.

Just giving ya a hard time bro.

But seriously...

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
the only thing keeping greg ellis from returning is ellis himself. i doubt many fans weren't floored by the dropoff in the passrush, hence the defense, after he went down.

if he's ready to go come Aug./Sep.... he's lining up as a Dallas Cowboy.

get well #98.

TDHND

Reaction score
He's to slow to play OLB,so if he does come back I want him at DE.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1372624 said:
You should be studying plays, and SATs.

The % sign goes after the number.

Just giving ya a hard time bro.

But seriously...

Sorry, my bad, my typing skills aren't the greatest.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Taz;1372224 said:
Seems on thses forums i was always hearing about parcells wanting to realease/trade greg ellis and I was always againt that. Now with Parcells gone and wade in does that mean greg is safe and will stay a cowboy

From personal experience, an achilles injury like that is devastating. I wonder why knee injuries get way more coverage than achilles tendon. They are both catastrophic.
Man, it takes forever to heal. Surgery is not an option. And after it heals it remains tender and, psychologically, it is difficult to go full speed.
I will really be surprised if doctors clear him so soon. I would say middle of next season, but man that is pushing it.
Good luck Greg.
:)

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Taz;1372224 said:

I'm thinking that is was BP and Jones trying to talk Ellis into giving this 3-4 defense a chance. They were telling him he would do fine. Ellis was the one wanting to give up before TC even started.

I think Greg "was" valuable. I'm not so sure with the injury. Then again Peterson from the 9ers/Hawks had the same injury. Don't know if the severity was equal or not. He seems to be doing fine. I guess we shall see.
Personally, I'd love to have Greg back.